Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7431 Discussions

Intel Dual Band AC 8260 performance decreased to not usable today

TSwee
Beginner

Hello,

I have a 5 week old ASUS laptop. For the most part, the laptop could get 15-25 Mb/s on my home wireless. All of a sudden today, I lost Internet connectivity. After restarting and such, speeds might hit 2 Mb/s but sometimes, speeds are measured in bytes or KB. Often, it is not working on wireless I can connect a USB to Ethernet adapter and get 55 MB/s. But wireless is bad, and I really need wireless. Any ideas?

I followed the steps to completely remove the older drivers and add new ones, but that did not solve the issue. The SSU results are attached

# SSU Scan Information

Scan Info:

Version:"2.5.0.12"

Date:"03/25/2018"

Time:"00:00:36.7634892"

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TSwee
Beginner

I have some more details. We are getting between 0.3 and 1.4 on speedtest.net using the 5G option on our wireless router. The 2.4 GHz connection returns between 7 and 11 Mb/s. The MacBook Pros hit about 50.

The router speedtest returns 55 MB/s

0 Kudos
TSwee
Beginner

We can close this issue. The 5G seemed a bit better after keeping the computer on overnight. I tried "upgrading" the drivers with the latest from this this site, instead of replacing. I was able to get 51 Mb/s this time.

I have no idea why it is working today.

0 Kudos