Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Graphics card issues

DKING2
Beginner

Hi - I recently purchased a BENQ SW2700PT for my photography work after my Eizo monitor expired. However I have not been able to set the native resolution 2560 x 1440 - only 1920 x 1080. I have made sure the pc recognises the BENQ monitor (it had said Generic pnp), which has updated so that is fine. However still no change to maximum resolution. I then established that I could try to update the driver for the Intel (R) HD Graphics card. However after following Intel's directions and identifying the correct numbers and performing the update of the graphics driver a pop up said 'this computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software'.

I have a Lenovo H330 Windows 7 pc purchased several years ago -

The BENQ inputs are DVI, DP and HDMI - my Lenovo only has VGA and HDMI therefore I have used the HDMI port on pc to connect to the monitor's HDMI port which I assume should work.

My question is:

Is my graphics card out of date and cannot be updated so do I buy a new one and if so what?

Is it the HDMI cable that is not best for this resolution and how can I connect with DP or DVI if I do not have those on my pc? Or are there different types of HDMI connectors?

Or is my pc too out of date to be able to use this monitor?

I would really appreciate any advice.

Yours faithfully,

DK

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Maximum Display Resolution DisplayPort* 2560 x 1600, HDMI*, VGA

source: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/quick-reference-guide-to-2nd-generation-intel-core-processor-graphics-hd-graphics Quick Reference Guide to 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processor Graphics (HD Graphics) | Intel® Software

2560x1440 or 2560x1600 via HDMI

Although the current HDMI standard (HDMI 1.4) actually supports displays with very high resolutions, you'll face display or graphics card problems. E.g., driver and hardware (single link HDMI) of the integrated Intel HD Graphics 3000 and 4000 restrict the resolution to 1920x1200 at 60 Hz and you'll need a trick to use higher resolutions.

The following article will briefly summarize our experiences and serve as a quick guide.

www.notebookcheck.net/2560x1440-or-2560x1600-via-HDMI.92840.0.html

0 Kudos
DKING2
Beginner

Hi Stefan. Thank you for replying, however when I go to the notebookcheck site I cannot find any article relating to this. Can you provide a more specific link? Thank you in advance. DK

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Just scroll down to where it reads "Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Ivy Bridge)" and follow the instructions.

0 Kudos