Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Intel Graphics Update

ANguy11
Beginner

I am trying to launch Star Wars Battlefront II but an error keeps on popping up that keeps on telling me to update my Intel Driver. I tried updating it but it told me that my PC does not meet the minimal requirements for the graphics update. Does this mean I need to get a better computer?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlHill
Super User

Well, it depends.

You can begin by telling us about your computer. Processor model number? graphics model number? Operating system?

Doc

0 Kudos
ANguy11
Beginner

Model - HP Pavilion 500 PC

Graphics model number - 10.18.10.4653

Operating System - Windows 10

So I wanted to play Battlefront 2 but something popped up telling me to update my Intel Graphics but then I contacted EA customer service and he said that the problem was that the memory of my drivers are only 32 MB and the game requires at least 512 MB to launch it so he told me to contact my driver customer service. He told me that you guys would be able to update my driver up to 512 MB for no cost. Is that true?

0 Kudos
ANguy11
Beginner

Do you know how I can update my driver to 512 MB or more?

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

There are several dozen versions of the Pavilion 500 PC on the HP site. Provide the exact model number, or the complete processor number.

Doc

0 Kudos
ANguy11
Beginner

The model number is 500-147c

0 Kudos
ANguy11
Beginner

The model number is 500-147c though my question is how do I update my driver to 512 MB or higher because that's what the person told me to do in order to launch the game.

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Well, the person telling you to go to 512mb is not able to help you get there.

Now, your (Ivy Bridge) processor is https://ark.intel.com/products/65510/Intel-Core-i5-3330S-Processor-6M-Cache-up-to-3_20-GHz Intel® Core™ i5-3330S Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.20 GHz) Product Specifications

It has HD 2500 graphics. You can find the latest drivers here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/81501 Downloads for Intel® HD Graphics 2500

You may be able to increase your dedicated memory, or you may not. Read this thread:

Now, you are on the edge of support for Windows 10. If you insist on staying with the processor you have, my BEST recommendation is for you to find a COMPATIBLE add-on graphics card (nvidia or amd-based). You will be glad you did.

Now, my absolute best recommendation is to abandon the old hardware and get a new desktop, again with a nvidia or amd-based graphics card.

Doc

0 Kudos