Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Intel Graphics UHD 620 Unsupported on Insignia HDTV 1080p?

MKwok1
Novice

Dear Sir or Madam,

Hope you had a great weekend and are well. I use Mediabridge HDMI cables to connect my newly-bought Dell Inspiron 7773 laptop which has Intel Graphics UHD 620 (and Nvidia Geforce MX150) inside to my Insignia HDTV (model # : NS-50L240A13).Upon connect, the TV screen would go black and say "unsupported mode" disturbingly. However, my old Inspiron 7720 laptop with Intel HD Graphics 4000 or my roommate's Dell XPS 9550 with Intel Graphics HD 530 or my Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with Intel Graphics HD 515 all work perfectly with my old Insignia HDTV. I am wondering what I need to do to my Inspiron 7773 in order to revive the computer picture on the HDTV. I already tinkered the 620's graphics setting but to no avail. I also hooked up my Inspiron 7773 to my neighbor's Vizio 4K HDTV (model # M43C1) and it works too. So I feel really confused in terms of what went wrong. Have you heard about this from other customer before and if yes, what would be the solutions. Many thanks,

Jack730

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello supermansaga,

Thank you for joining the Graphics Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV.

• Have you tested a different HDMI cable?
  • Have you tested a different video port of the TV?
  • Did you try setting a lower resolution?
  • Let us know the model of your Insignia TV.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
MKwok1
Novice
  • Have you tested a different HDMI cable? - Not yet.
  • Have you tested a different video port of the TV? - Yes. The Insignia has three HDMI ports.
  • Did you try setting a lower resolution? - Yes.
  • Let us know the model of your Insignia TV. - Model number in the original posting. You can look it up on Insignia's website too. I would've pasted the Insignia URL, had the rich texting here not prevented me from doing so. Thanks!
0 Kudos
MKwok1
Novice

Hi Amy,

I want to report back to you that today I initiated online chat support. The agent Allan insisted that my UHD 620 has a newer driver, despite my Intel Support Assistant said I already got the latest 22.20.16.4749. He remoted in and proceeded to download 15.60.(01.4877) at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27355/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?v=t Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.60] and after reboot (with some Win10's own update), my Insignia HDTV could display content from my Dell Inspiron 7773!!! Intel Assistant reported the version is now 23.20.16.4788!!!! I am still confused by all these version numbering control, but hooray!!!!

idata
Employee

/thread/120424 supermansaga, thank you for letting us know this information.

I am glad the latest driver fixed this issue.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos