Items with no label
3335 Discussions

ZR300 is not getting detected

NShai3
Beginner

Hello All,

I was using realsense ZR300 on Ubuntu 16.04 on my computer and on different robots(all have USB 3.0 ports). It worked well on both computer and robots. But now ZR300 is not getting detected anymore on robots. I check the powersupply of ports and it was 5 volts(which is the USB 3.0 specification). I have no clue what might be the problem. Did anyone encountered the similar problem?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello rasulnrasul,

Are you using the same camera on different devices? Or is this issue happening with different cameras?

The issue does not happen on your computer, is this correct?

The ZR300 has only been tested and validated on the Intel Joule 570x and the Aaeon UP board, if the ZR300 camera is been used with other hardware this can cause the board to have unexpected behaviors and even don't work at all.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
NShai3
Beginner

Hi Juan,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the same ZR300 on different devices(I just have one ZR300). On my computer its working fine. When I started using ZR300 on robot it worked well but suddenly the device is not getting detected.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rasulnrasul,

Thanks for your clarification.

Can you please share with me the system specification for the robots?

Let me remind you that the ZR300 only works on very specific systems, if your systems are not validated systems this can generate unexpected behaviors. Again the ZR300 has only been validated on the Joule and Aaeon Up boards on Ubuntu machines only.

Can you please run lsusb | grep 8086? This will show you if the cameras are detected at all.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos
NShai3
Beginner

Hi Juan,

Robots are http://www.festo-didactic.com/int-en/services/robotino/?fbid=aW50LmVuLjU1Ny4xNy4zNC4xMTY4 robotinos customized with USB3.0 ports. And the Operating System is Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS.

lsusb | grep 8086 output is empty.

dmesg shows below

On Computer where ZR300 is working, lsusb | grep 8086 giving

Thanks.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Rasulnrasul,

The ZR300 camera has not been validated with the Robotino platform and therefore we cannot provide support to how the platform would behave with the ZR300. The ZR300 is not guaranteed to work on the Robotino. Only the Intel Joule and Up Board have been validated and are supported.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Juan N.
0 Kudos