cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel DC D3700 Series dual port cables

SPolk
New Contributor

Hello,

I have an Intel DC D3700 Series NVMe SSD (800GB) drive that I'm trying to get working in dual port mode. Is there any documentation on the DC D3700?

I've purchased two cables from SerialCables.com. I have the PCI-4339i-0.5M-N2 cable and the PCI-4339B-0.5M-N2 cable. The PCI-4339B-0.5M-N2 is PCI Sig compliant

but doesn't work at all with the D3700. The PCI-4339i-0.5M-N2 cable sort of works, but not reliably.

Does Intel have a specific cable to be used with this drive? Is the D3700 compliant with the SFF-TA-1001 specification? Any information would be helpful.

Thanks,

Stephen

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Stevop123,

Thank you for contacting our support communities. We understand your concern regarding the dual port mode on the Intel® SSD DC D3700 Series. In order to better understand your situation, could you please provide us the following information: *Could you please let us know the purpose of implementing the dual port mode?*Could you please let us know how are you trying to implement the dual port of the SSD? We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

SPolk
New Contributor

Hi Junior M,

Thanks for the reply. My purpose of using dual port mode is to have a server (Port 0) write a disk image to the SSD so that a test system (Port 1) can boot off of it. For example, the server could write a DOS image to the SSD and then boot the test system. Later, the server could shutdown the test system, change the disk image to Linux, and then restart the test system. That is the basic idea.

My current problem is that I have no technical information for this drive. So, I'm not certain I have the proper cables, etc. Is there a data sheet?

Thanks,

Stephen

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Stevop123,

Thanks for the information provided.We will check this with our additional resources. We will keep you posted with any updates. Regards, Junior M.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Stevop123,

We would like to inform you that this SSD supports the configuration you mentioned above. The cable you require for this scenario is a dual-port cable or a splitter cable. With the newest version of the SSDs, the datasheet is considered as a privileged information. We recommend you to contact your sales representative or your Intel(R) representative in order to check if they can provide you with the information. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.