Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20623 Discussions

Is my Intel Graphics 620 compatible with the game "Perfect World"?

KDown
Beginner

I have an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz. I've been playing a game called Perfect World and have been having issues that nobody else has been having. I am wondering if it's my graphics. The game is filled with many players and they appear invisible to me for the most part, with only their names appearing above their heads. It is the same for my friend and when we are doing a quest together, his avatar comes onto my screen from time to time, then disappears. He tells me that he sees all the players and that nobody is invisible. This happens all the time. The game has its own graphic settings, and the most that I have done is click on the optimize button that simply changes the look of the scenery.

Is my Processor compatible with this game? Andi if so, is the issues that I am having within the game a problem that can be fixed?

Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

You mean that old game from 2008?

Right-click the executable and try the options in the properties/compatibility tab.

Someone at Intel must be familiar with the game judging from following link, but access is denied for some reason

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/beijing-perfect-world-and-intel-collaborate https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/beijing-perfect-world-and-intel-collaborate

0 Kudos
KDown
Beginner

Hi:

Thanks for your response.Yes, the old game from 2008. I'm not sure what you mean by: Right-click the executable and try the options in the properties/compatibility tab. Where is this? I hate to sound like a dummy and I apologize for that.

Thanks.

Kathy

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

Open explorer

go to folder c:\program files or c:\program files(x86)

find the folder "perfect world" or similar and open it

find the executable "perfectworld.exe" or similar

right-click the icon

a menu appears reading "properties" at the bottom, select that

now you should see a tab named "compatibility"

0 Kudos
KDown
Beginner

Hi Stefan3D:

I finally found it under PATCHER.EXE. I'm assuming I'm to run the compatibility troubleshooter, correct? So I did do that and I got this message back:

Do I want to do this, run the program/game in Windows 8 and does this mean that it is NOW running in Windows 8? It then gives me a NEXT option which I didn't do yet, or press the TEST THE PROGRAM yet as I'm not sure what to do next. I"m sorry to keep bothering you about this but you seem nice to help me in this matter.

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

I don't know why it suggests Windows 8, but try "test the program"

If that doesn't help, select manually compatibility mode = Vista (which was released in 2006)

And then scaling and/or fullscreen options.

Unfortunately it's all try-and-error

0 Kudos
KDown
Beginner

Hi Stefan3D:

I found out the reason I wasn't seeing everyone in the game, Perfect World. There is this icon on the main page that you can press that will take away (or hide) the other players in your area. For some reason, my icon was colored, which meant that somehow it got pushed or clicked on. I never knew it was there, much less what it was for. The person that I talked to said it had to do with my graphics settings but he couldn't elaborate more than that because he didn't know more than that.

I had to play cat/mouse with my cat this morning in order to get her upstairs to give her her medication. How fun was that )))

So here is my question:

How do I get my computer back to Windows 10 to run when I'm playing PW instead of Windows 8 like it is now since I did the troubleshooting? Thanks for your time that you have taken. I do appreciate it. Have a good day,

Kathy

0 Kudos
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

The program test is not permanent. At next start it runs normally again.

If you ticked some options manually, untick them and press OK.

0 Kudos