Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Install image did not contain Euclid software

ELips
Beginner

I inherited a Euclid from a former coworker and it was in less than working order.

I went through the process of reinstalling the factory image (twice), but it didn't install/copy the intel/euclid directory so I don't have any of the automations/web interface.

Is there something I missed? The install got stuck on "copying log files" both times and I rebooted so is it possible that there was a post-install script that didn't run?

Thanks

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Can you confirm please that you are using the Euclid restore image from the link on this page:

0 Kudos
ELips
Beginner

Yes, that is the one I'm using.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

After you had installed the OS on Euclid, did you press the F5 key on your next boot-up to enter the BIOS and change the boot device back to internal storage instead of having it look on the USB stick for the OS?

0 Kudos
ELips
Beginner

I don't think I actually changed the boot order in the first place, I just chose to boot from the usb drive when I was installing. Either way, I know it was booting from the internal drive because the usb drive showed as a separate mounted drive. I've also booted it multiple times with the usb drive unplugged.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'll link this discussion to a member of the Euclid team - MeitavKleinfeld - who has posted on the forum in the past, to see if they can offer advice on your problem. Or a member of the Intel support team may also have a suggestion. Good luck!

0 Kudos
ELips
Beginner
0 Kudos
ELips
Beginner

My bad!

I just ran the installation a third time and this time actually waited for it to finish copying the installation logs (googling it suggested it was a Ubiquity hang) and it looks like I was right about it not running a post install script.

Everything is working again.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Awesome pawsome! I'm very glad you found a solution. Have a great day!

0 Kudos