Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

Driver Assistant & Intel HD 4600 Gfx Update

pswan
Beginner

My intel driver assistant showed an update for the driver to my Intel HD 4600, i clicked the update once downloaded but i am then told it is not compatible with my system, i tried a manual download for my cpu to give the correct driver, i then proceeded to install manually, however when attempting to install manually the given zip provided by intel does not even list the HD4600 which is likely why the automated install fails as well, the lowest series listed is the HD 5300, the 4000+ series is nowhere to be seen.

see attached pictures showing the correct driver listed on the manual download and the automatic, both of which fail to install, is there a solution or differing zip/exe that does actually support the HD4600 for my I7-4770s ?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello geekpeter,

Thank you for joining the Intel Community Support.

I would like you to follow these steps below. Please let me know how it goes.

First, please clear any browser cache and try using the Intel® DSA one more time.

If it does not work, try installing the Intel® Graphics Driver manually using the following link below.

Version: 15.40.38.4963 (Latest)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27780/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=81496

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
pswan
Beginner

if you re-read my post and more importantly look at my attached screenshots you can see i have already done this, the driver package does not include proper support for the 4000 series so does not install, check bottom left of my attached intelgfx-problem.jpg, that is me trying to install manually with the exact file you linked to, it does not list INTEL HD 4600 anywhere at all so this is why it will not install, manually or automatically, the lowest series listed is the HD 5300.

EDIT: i have included/attached a new jpg picture showing the contents of the igdlh64.inf file in your driver update package that lists all the supported devices and their ID's, shown are 2 HD4600's both of which have ID's different to the one installed by my previous/older intel update, which is my current version, the ID for that is iHSWD_w81, the ones in the .inf file in the driver update are iHSWGT2D and iHSWGT2M, both of which do not match my ID, which is why no update occurs as they do not match, because the ID's are different they do not show in the list when i try to manually update.

I could just edit in my device ID over the top of 1 of the others, but i dont want to risk something going horribly wrong.

0 Kudos
pswan
Beginner

added another screenshot showing pretty much any relevant/matching info i can from my device manager and the driver package installed.

my device entry PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0412 only matches 1 thing in the whole driver update package, which relates to something other than the iHSWD_w81 my device shows up as, instead it matches iHSWD_w10, i have tried multiple times now to clear my system and reinstall using the intel automatic online assistant as well as manually, nothing works, the provided driver package doesnt seem to have the right or full settings for my chip and it seems the same for other people as well, any chance this can be addressed?

Included a dxdiag report as an attachment.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geekpeter,

Thank you for the information provided.

Please allow me to investigate this issue further. Please provide the log files: C:\ProgramData\Intel\DSA.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
pswan
Beginner

attached archive of that folder, however while zipping it says service.log and tray.log cannot be zipped as the files are in use, do you need those 2 as well and how can i manage this with them in use...

EDIT, NM, managed to include those 2 files as well, now attached all files without issue...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geekpeter,

Thank you for your response.

I will do further research about this issue. I will get back to you as soon as I have any update about it.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geekpeter,

I appreciate your patience.

The information provided about these issues with the Intel® Driver & Support Assistant was sent to the proper department. You should not have any issues using this tool now. Please try scanning your system and let us know if the problem persists.

Wanner G.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello geekpeter,  

I was wondering whether you are still having issues with the Intel® DSA tool.

If you are still having issues, I will be glad to assist.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos