Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7367 Discussions

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168 Bluetooth not working

idata
Employee

Hi

My wireless and bluetooth have been working great until this afternoon when I tried to connect my wireless keyboard. It connected initially but then the connection dropped out. When I checked the Windows Notifications the bluetooth icon had disappeared. I checked the bluetooth in Settings by trying to connect a new device and it says the bluetooth is not on.

I've checked Device Manager and according the properties the Bluetooth device is working properly but it is causing Device Manager to refresh every couple of seconds.This stops when I disable bluetooth.

I have run the Intel Driver & Support Assistant and have the latest drivers installed.

I'm running Windows 10

Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello waaabbly,

Thanks for posting. We understand that you're experiencing issues with Bluetooth* connectivity on your system.

We recommend to perform a clean installation of the Bluetooth* driver. Here's how to do it:

1. Download and save your driver of choice. You can:
  2. Uninstall the Intel® PROSet Bluetooth Software.
    • Open Programs and Features (Uninstall a program) from the Control Panel.
    • Select Uninstall or Change and then Remove.
    • If prompted, choose to discard settings.
  3. Uninstall your Bluetooth driver.
    • Go to Device Manager.
    • Expand the Bluetooth category.
    • Right-click on Intel Bluetooth and choose to uninstall it.
    • Make sure to select the option to Delete the driver software for this device
  4. Clear out your temporary files.
    • Press the Windows* key and R key simultaneously to open the run box.
    • Type in: cleanmgr.exe and press the Enter key or OK.
    • Place a check mark next to Temporary Files. You can leave everything else checked or unchecked.
    • Press OK and wait.
  5. Reboot your computer.
  6. Locate the driver you downloaded back in Step 1. Run as administrator and follow the wizard to completion.

If the issue persists, please confirm if you get the same results when connecting other Bluetooth devices, or if the behavior is limited to your wireless keyboard. Also, please provide us with the Intel® System Support Utility report in order to check your computer specifications:

1. https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-?product=91600 Download the latest Intel® SSU.

2. Select to include "everything."

3. Name and save the report.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Eugenio

How are you today?

Thanks very much for the quick reply. The issue has been resolved...though resolved itself seems to be a better statement. I started my computer up yesterday and Bluetooth was back on and has been working since. I set the Bluetooth service in Windows to start on launch so maybe that was it.

However I will be keeping your instructions below because my experience is that issues that resolve themselves have a way of coming back.:-)

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello waaabbly,

Thanks for your reply. I''m doing great, thanks for asking!

We're glad to know the issue has been solved (even if it was by unknown means).

Please let know if there's anything else we can do for you.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos