Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Very low FPS on games with Intel hd graphics 5500

JJuni1
Beginner

Hello, first of all, sorry for my bad english...

Well, I have a Inspiron i15-5558-BB10, with the following configs:

i3 5005U 2GHz

4GB ram

1TB HD

Intel HD graphics 5500

I like to play some games, so the FPS (frames per second) is a lot relevant to me... The problem is: I have updated my graphic card driver and didn't got a improvement in the quality, playing League of Legends with a 60 FPS dropping to 30 on Very Low configs. I know that has something wrong because once in the past I used a driver from the Intel's site itself and got a huge difference of FPS, playing with 120FPS at better configs easily. The driver was called "FIFA driver" or something like that... Apparently the Intel removed it from the driver download area, I don't know why.

So, someone knows how to fix it? Could it be another driver problem, besides the graphic card? I'm really despered, because I've been trying to fix it downloading all graphics and everything I found on the internet about.

P.s.: I have configured my notebook and the graphic card panel to maximum performance, at battery and energy and etc.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Janúbio,

I understand that you are currently experiencing low frame rate when playing and before the frame rate was stable.

Regarding this, To better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:

1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.

2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.

3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).

4. Attach the report to this thread.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
JJuni1
Beginner

Thanks for the reply, Intel Corporation.

There it is:

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Janúbio,

Thank you for your response.

Upon review of the DxDiag I have determined that the graphics driver is not up to date according to the manufacturer's website. In fact, I searched and found the model of your laptop with the different drivers, please refer to the link below:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/inspiron-15-5558-laptop/drivers?lwp=rt

* Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel*. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel* for the merchants or services offered there. *

First, make sure to download the graphics driver and install it, reboot the computer and then try to see if the framerate improves.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Janúbio,

I am following up with your case and see that we have not heard back from you.

Were you able to try the drivers from Dell*?

If you need more assistance do not hesitate to reply.

Regards,

David V
0 Kudos