Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20634 Discussions

Intel Graphics 630: Audio drop outs because of slow dxgkrnl.sys?

BRösl
Beginner

Hi,

referring to this thread :

I have the same problem. Here the latencymon conclusion:

CONCLUSION

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Your system seems to be having difficulty handling real-time audio and other tasks. You may experience drop outs, clicks or pops due to buffer underruns. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates.

LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for 0:10:07 (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

SYSTEM INFORMATION

Computer name: PEPPERBOX-2017

OS version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 16299 (x64)

Hardware: Z370 HD3P, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z370 HD3P-CF

CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz

Logical processors: 12

Processor groups: 1

RAM: 32641 MB total

CPU SPEED

Reported CPU speed: 3696 MHz

Measured CPU speed: 1 MHz (approx.)

Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

WARNING: the CPU speed that was measured is only a fraction of the CPU speed reported. Your CPUs may be throttled back due to variable speed settings and thermal issues. It is suggested that you run a utility which reports your actual CPU frequency and temperature.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES

The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 1888,414538

Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 2,307985

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1886,475145

Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 0,910350

REPORTED ISRs

Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 7,390693

Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0,000850

Driver with highest ISR total time: Wdf01000.sys - Kernelmodustreiber-Frameworklaufzeit, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0,000850

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 53635

ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs

DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 1901,724026

Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0,060210

Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0,139651

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 2186887

DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 69

DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 997

DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0

DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Hard pagefaults are events that get triggered by making use of virtual memory that is not resident in RAM but backed by a memory mapped file on disk. The process of resolving the hard pagefault requires reading in the memory from disk while the process is interrupted and blocked from execution.

Process with highest pagefault count: none

Total number of hard pagefaults 0

Hard pagefault count of hardest hit process: 0

Highest hard pagefault resolution time (µs): 0,0

Total time spent in hard pagefaults (%): 0,0

Number of processes hit: 0

PER CPU DATA

CPU 0 Interrupt cycle time (s): 21,605090

CPU 0 ISR highest execution time (µs): 7,390693

CPU 0 ISR total execution time (s): 0,061828

CPU 0 ISR count: 53596

CPU 0 DPC highest execution time (µs): 1901,724026

CPU 0 DPC total execution time (s): 9,546958

CPU 0 DPC count: 1973889

CPU 1 Interrupt cycle time (s): 2,2040

CPU 1 ISR highest execution time (µs): 1,982684

CPU 1 ISR total execution time (s): 0,000053

CPU 1 ISR count: 39

CPU 1 DPC highest execution time (µs): 238,416667

CPU 1 DPC total execution time (s): 0,024130

CPU 1 DPC count: 9580

_____...

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JLiu87
Beginner

I am also having this issue, see .

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NI- komplete . Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

Have you installed the latest graphics drivers (version 6025) available for your system? If not, please click https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27680/a08/win64_24.20.100.6025.zip here to download them and to complete the installation, follow the steps of the following YouTube* video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY&t=87s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1KzoQDjMMY&t=87s

Antony S.
0 Kudos
BRösl
Beginner

Sure but the latency problem still exists...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NI- komplete . Thank you very much for your reply.

In this case, I will need to escalate this issue to a different level of support. For me to do so, please provide me with the information requested in this link: /thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Antony S.
0 Kudos
BRösl
Beginner

Hi,

here is my config and what's new is that after installing the latest Driver (24.20.100.6025) it seems to be better but unforunately it's not gone.

So any other ideas?

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

See inital message

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Often (51-99%): After installing the Driver 24.20.100.6025 it is better but not gone.

Brand and Model of the system.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370-HD3P

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K

Intel Graphics 630 (Driver 24.20.100.6025)

External Sound: Focusrite Scarlett2i2 USB 2.0 (Driver 4.36.5.612) - connected on the back USB 2.0 on Gigabyte MB

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

Make and model of any Displays that are used to see the issue (see note2 below). 

LFP = Local Flat Panel (Laptop panel)

<span style="font-weight: inherit; font-style: inherit; font-size: 13.3333px; font-family: intel-clear, arial, helvetica, 'helvetica neue', verdana, sans-seri...
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you for the information provided, NI- komplete .

As previously mentioned, I will escalate this issue to a higher level of support. This might some time nevertheless, once I have an update I will be back to you.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NI- komplete .

Can you please share the reports requested on that link I attached?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
BRösl
Beginner

Hi, sorry I forgot...here ist the ssu Report and the dxdiag and thedispdiag.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, NI- komplete . Thank you very much for the attachments.

As previously mentioned, I will escalate this to a higher level. Once I have an update I will let you know.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
BRösl
Beginner

Hi Antony,

any News? Theproblem still exists...

Thanks, bernd
0 Kudos
BRösl
Beginner

Anybody out there?

Seems the problem is solved but not the way it should be...

I run two monitors one with DVI the other with an adapter from DVI to HDMI.

Once I disconnect one of the monitors latencymon says everything is alrigth.

It was the combination of DVI and HDMI with an adapter from DVI to HDMI

Now I run the monitors with VGA an DVI an no problem with latencymon.

But that's not the way it should be or?

Regards

Bernd

0 Kudos
RonaldM_Intel

Hello Bernd,

I would like to let you know that we are investigating this issue under internal bug id 1407276771. Actually we're tracking progress and posting news and updates on this other thread:

I'll close this thread as duplicate, and I'll suggest clicking on 'Follow' to the aforementioned thread.

Best Regards,

Ronald M.

0 Kudos