Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20493 Discussions

Reduce memory to HD Graphics 530

MPino1
Beginner

Hello,

In a 32 bit system, Graphics 530 use 2 Gb. Its possible to reduce it? .

Thanks.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MPino1
Beginner

To complete the question:

I have a Dell Vostro with intel Core i3 6100, 4 Gb system RAM. For compatibility with an application I must use Windows 7 32 bits. By default Graphics 530 use 2 Gb, allow another 2 Gb for system. Its possible to configure 1 Gb for Graphics and 3 Gb for system?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
MPino1
Beginner

I´m sorry. I was confused. Video memory is 1 Gb.

0 Kudos
BNels3
Beginner

Why would you want to make it use less? And have you tried Google?

I found this: https://www.computing.net/answers/hardware/how-do-i-set-memory-for-intel-hd-graphics/74833.html [Solved] How do I set memory for intel HD graphics? Have a look at it.

0 Kudos
MPino1
Beginner

I want to make it use less to leave more memory for system. No need video memory. Yes, I use google.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello mariormb,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

This depends on your system manufacturer BIOS, the BIOS can set to less or more memory for the graphics.

Good to know that you double check and there is 1GB instead of 2GB.

Best wishes,

Ivan.

0 Kudos
MPino1
Beginner

Thank you Ivan,

Anyway I don´t know where is the missing Gb. In older machines (whenever 32 bits), with 4 Gb, video memory occupied 1 Gb and 3.xx Gb for system. Today with this newest machine (Vostro 3650), i3-6100 SKL-S, 1 Gb for video memory and 2,09 Gb for system. Where is the other Gb?

I can not change nothing in BIOS related with memory.

Thanks

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

In this case, the best place for obtaining information about your computer's specific configuration is from your computer manufacturer. Your computer manufacturer may have altered features, incorporated customizations, or made other changes that may limit or reduce the actual maximum graphics memory amount possible for your computer.

You can check in your BIOS what the amount of memory installed is but this depends as well of your computer manufacturer if this option is available or not.

Regards,

Ivan.

0 Kudos