Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Where can i find the UnityToolkit download link and samples for unity ?

Xjian9
Beginner

Hi , I have searched a lot about UnityToolkit , but all I found is RSSDK with some unity packages in it . I've seen ppl importing UnityToolkit in some videos , is there a link for it ? And are there any links of samples for unity available ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using the '2016 R3' SDK then you will not find a Unity Toolkit because it does not have one, as its structure is very different from previous SDK versions, as explalined in my setup guide for Unity in R3.

If you are using the '2016 R2' SDK, then the Toolkit is in the C:/ > Program Files (x86) > Intel > RSSDK > Framework > Unity folder of your SDK installation. If you open a Unity project and then run the 'UnityToolkit' package file, a list of toolkit files will appear in Unity in a pop-up window. Click the 'Import' button on that pop-up window to add the Toolkit files to your Unity project.

The Unity samples, meanwhile, can be accessed by an application called the Sample Browser. This is in a folder called 'Intel RealSense SDK Gold' that is placed on your desktop when the SDK is installed. If you run these samples from the Sample Browser then they will automatically load into Unity so that you can then Run them using the 'play' triangle in the top-center of the Unity window.

If you need to remove R3 and install R2 instead, I recommend using this direct download link for R2 once R3 is uninstalled:

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If you are using the '2016 R3' SDK then you will not find a Unity Toolkit because it does not have one, as its structure is very different from previous SDK versions, as explalined in my setup guide for Unity in R3.

If you are using the '2016 R2' SDK, then the Toolkit is in the C:/ > Program Files (x86) > Intel > RSSDK > Framework > Unity folder of your SDK installation. If you open a Unity project and then run the 'UnityToolkit' package file, a list of toolkit files will appear in Unity in a pop-up window. Click the 'Import' button on that pop-up window to add the Toolkit files to your Unity project.

The Unity samples, meanwhile, can be accessed by an application called the Sample Browser. This is in a folder called 'Intel RealSense SDK Gold' that is placed on your desktop when the SDK is installed. If you run these samples from the Sample Browser then they will automatically load into Unity so that you can then Run them using the 'play' triangle in the top-center of the Unity window.

If you need to remove R3 and install R2 instead, I recommend using this direct download link for R2 once R3 is uninstalled:

http://registrationcenter-download.intel.com/akdlm/irc_nas/vcp/9078/intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_10.0.26.0396.exe

0 Kudos
Xjian9
Beginner

Thank you for the fast response ! I'm using the '2016 R3' SDK , your guide is very valuable , I will study it lol . It's a shame that your article is not pinned somewhere obvious : /

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I'm glad you like the guide! Pinning is not in my powers, but I maintain a list of links to my articles so that I can paste them in when people need to know about that subject. Please come back to the forum whenever you need assistance. Good luck!

0 Kudos