Items with no label
3335 Discussions

How can I change fps?

idata
Employee

Hi,

I want to change the fps value from the differents camera inputs from SR300 Intel RealSense. Right now I have this code:

psm = PXCSenseManager::CreateInstance();

int sts = psm->EnableFace();

SampleReader* reader = SampleReader::Activate(psm);

reader->EnableStream(StreamType::STREAM_TYPE_COLOR, 640, 480, 30);

UtilRender *renderIR = new UtilRender(L"3D IR STREAM");

reader->EnableStream(StreamType::STREAM_TYPE_IR, 640, 480,30);

UtilRender *renderDepth = new UtilRender(L"3D STREAM");

reader->EnableStream(StreamType::STREAM_TYPE_DEPTH, 640, 480,30);

And it works, but I want to know if it's possible to change the fps value lower. I prove changing '30' to 20 or 10 and it doesn't work.

Does anyone know why?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

You are correct that the last value in the set of three (e.g 680, 480, 30) is the one that sets the FPS value. I have not come across an instance where somebody has deliberately tried to change it to less than 30 though. It may be that 30 is an enforced minimum.

In Librealsense apparently, the FPS is set to 30 even if you specify another value. Users found that the reason for this was an instruction called Preset, and that to define their own custom FPS, they should use the Manual instruction instead of Preset.

http://wiki.ros.org/realsense_camera/Tutorials/change_camera_parameters# Set_Camera_Mode_to_Manual realsense_camera/Tutorials/change_camera_parameters - ROS Wiki

I'm not sure that an equivalent command for doing so exists in the official RealSense SDK though.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MQMQ,

Do you still need assistance with this thread? We'll be waiting for your response.

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

No I don't, finally I realised that if I want to use the HandMode I need 60fps and if I want to use the Face Mode I need at least 30 fps... I'm not able to reduce it, right?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi MQMQ,

Thank you for your reply and letting us know your results of testing different fps in HandMode and Face Mode. It seems that 30 fps is the minimum value you can use as explained by @MartyG. We looked at the SDK R3 documentation and didn't find any mention on fps lower than 30.

Feel free to contact us again if help is needed.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos