Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14395 Discussions

4690k crashing

DDrie
Beginner

Hey everyone,

I have a problem with my PC constantly crashing when i try to game on it. Everything is going normal, but when i try to game it crashes after 5 to 30 minutes. (seemingly random time)

I get a blackscreen or the screen simply freezes and a loud buzzing sound.

Recently the crashes also occured while just browsing. (though rarely)

The Games that always trigger that are for me: GTA5, Skyrim, DARK, CoJ: Gunslinger and CS:GO. (The Games run just fine at 60+ FPS before crashing)

So far have tried reinstalling drivers (also DDU them), completetly reinstall windows clean, trying different XMP and non-XMP Profiles (some with lower speed on the RAM)

Furmark, AIDA64 GPU Stress Test, Heaven and Valley all ran without crashing and gave respectable results.

AIDA64 Stresstest crashed either when stressing CPU+RAM over longer time, or when stressing CPU+Cache. (CPU alone was fine)

Intel Processer Diagnostic Tools Test was passed sucessfully though.

(I should add that i also never overclocked the CPU, only used Turbo Mode)

This is my Rig: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Venoxx/saved/tC8WGX https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Venoxx/saved/tC8WGX

I would be most thankfull if you could help me with this problem, as it makes gaming almost impossible, which is why i build this PC in the first place.

Thank you in advance

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello D.D,

I would like to gather more information regarding your configuration, please provided to the following;

Could you please provide the results you got from the Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool?

What is your BIOS version?

Have you tried unplugging the graphics card, and check the results using the Intel® HD Graphics 4600 included in the processor?

Also try with one memory stick at a time.

To attach a file, you must click "Use Advanced Editor" in the top right corner of the response box, then the "attach" option will appear in the bottom right corner of the response box.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/112186 D.D, If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos