Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CW - After System Boot Process "C7"

CManu
Beginner

We have a new server with the S2600CW motherboard. After the system boot process is complete, there is a "C7" character that remains in the bottom right hand corner of the screen. This only shows with the on-board VGA connector, as we also have a PCIe video card installed. Different characters show up in the bottom right-hand corner during POST, but I wouldn't expect to continue to see this after the Intel splash screen (press F2 for settings, F6 for boot menu, etc.) Is this normal behavior? BIOS is 01.01.0020.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Henry_A_Intel1
Employee

Hello Mr. Clifford,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support for Intel® Server Products. Regarding your question, "S2600CW - After System Boot Process "C7" ".

First, let's verify some information:

• You are saying that the C7 only appears with the on-board VGA and a different character with the PCI video card.
  • Can you please provide us with the exact model of system board. This is because for the S2600CW, you can S2600CW2S, S2600CW2R, S2600CW2RSR, S2600CWTSR, S2600CWTR and S2600CWTS.
  • I see that you are running Linux as the OS.
  • The F2 and F6 are prior the OS loading. This is because you are also getting error message on the OS.

If there is anything else we can help please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Henry A.

Intel Enterprise Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Usually that code indicates the different POST check points of the board. It is odd that it is giving this code after the unit has already booted to the Operating System.

I would probably re-flash the BIOS and compare results. You might want to capture the BMC logs to see if there any entry that would give us more information about this.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25437/Intel-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-?product=78561 Intel ® System Information Retrieval Utility

Best regards,

Dave A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr. Clifford,

Usually that code indicates the different POST check points of the board. It is odd that it is giving this code after the unit has already booted to the Operating System.

I would probably re-flash the BIOS and compare results. You might want to capture the BMC logs to see if there any entry that would give us more information about this.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25437/Intel-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-%3Fproduct%3D78561 Intel ® System Information Retrieval Utility

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr. Clifford,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25437/Intel-System-Information-Retrieval-Utility-SysInfo-%3Fproduct%3D78561 Intel ® System Information Retrieval Utility

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr. Clifford,

I will like to follow up on your question, about the "C7" appearing during boot up.

Like I provided information the "C7" appeared on during an OS error.

Are continuing getting the OS error message or any other code on the screen.

Are we able to close the case.

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr. Clifford,

I will like to follow up on your question, about the "C7" appearing during boot up.

Are you continuing getting the OS error message or any other code on the screen?

Are we able to close the case?

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Mr. Clifford,

Are you continuing getting the OS error message or any other code on the screen?

Are we able to close the case?

Best regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos