Items with no label
3335 Discussions

intel real sense for game

hothm
Novice

Hi, please in this exemple Tanked for Torch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srS9GXArXP4 Tanked Augmented Sand Game - YouTube

they use laptop for send depth information from camera to the projector ? or another device ?

6 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

It looks to me as though they have mounted the camera above the television, looking down on the sand from above so that it can dead the sand's depth, as descrbed in the video. Judging by the height, it is likely an R200 camera in order to for the depth scanning range to reach the table.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi houssi2,

MartyG is correct. They are using the R200 camera as described below the video, "Using the Intel® RealSenseTM long range camera". Please let us know if this answers your questions.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
hothm
Novice

yes i know , is R200 but where they run the Game ? in laptop ? the camera is conncted to laptop or another composant ?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

We'll investigate further to bring you more details about the setup. By the looks of it, it appears that the device above the television is just the RealSense camera and a projector. We'll bring you more details soon.

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi houssi2,

Thank you very much for your patience. We've done some research on your case. Unfortunately, Intel does not have this information. We'd suggest you to contact the game manufacturer that was featured in that video, they'll surely be able to assist you further.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

-Sergio A

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I remembered there was a making-of article for Tanked posted last year that has the details.

https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/tanked-by-design-mill-a-4d-video-game-using-intel-realsense-technology RealSense - TANKED!* by Design Mill: A 4D Video Game Using Intel ® RealSense™ Technology | Intel® Software

0 Kudos