Ethernet Products
Determine ramifications of Intel® Ethernet products and technologies
4867 Discussions

I211 Gigabit Network adapter shows as Removable Device

idata
Employee

I'm using a Gigabyte AX370A motherboard with an integrated Intel GbE LAN with Windows 10 64 bit.

The adapter works, but its appears in the system tray as a removable device. Its also listed under 'Unspecified' in the Devices and Printers page. I installed the drivers for it from Gigabyte's site first, then tried the latest release directly from Intel - no change.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Osirus,

Thank you for posting in Wired Ethernet Community.

Any changes done in the system prior to encountering this concern? Looking at the specs of your motherboard, it also comes with Realtek LAN. Does it also show up in the system tray as removable device?

LAN components usually appears under "Network adapters" section of Device manager. I'd suggest checking with Gigabyte support to know if other similar motherboard owner also encounters the same issue and possible workaround.

regards,

Vince

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

This is a brand new system that has done this since the beginning. There is a Rivet Killer Networks LAN and the Intel LAN, not Realtek. The Killer LAN does not show as a removable device.

I spoke to one other person with this motherboard and he said the same thing, that the Intel LAN is a Removable Device in Windows.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Osirus,

Given other person also experiences the same thing, I'd suggest to clarify this matter with Gigabyte support as our I211 was integrated to their motherboard and there might be customization to exhibit such behavior.

regards,

Vince
0 Kudos