Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20494 Discussions

Definitive BIOS (UEFI) effect on Intel Driver Documentation Request

GKerr1
Beginner

To get HDMI audio and 2560x1440 resolution on an HD520/Core i7U machine I had to play a lot with 1-off bios setting changes, boot and check effect. This seems like a circus that I'm sure is not 100% Intel's problem, but someone has to own it.

Can you start to document (or maybe it exists, point to it?) on UEFI (e.g. AMI BIOS) settings and their effect on Audio and Graphics on Intel chipsets & Graphics drivers?

Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Kerrnel,

I understand you had to make some changes at BIOS level to get audio working on your system.

If you own an Intel® NUC, please provide the model number so I can check BIOS documentation or manuals. If this is a third party computer, BIOS/UEFI information would be provided by the computer maker.

I would like to have additional information about your system configuration. Please run the following utility and attach the results.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

In order to attach files, make sure you select the "Advanced Editor" option in the top right of your reply window. You will then be presented with an attach file dialogue at the bottom of the reply.

Allan.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi,

Were you able to gather system information?

Allan.
0 Kudos
GKerr1
Beginner

Nothing more to do here really. I got the audio to work. It's just that it's like "Play blindly with setting X, reboot, check audio, repeat, intermittently reset to factory and start again". Drivers are not very verbose when things don't work and rarely if ever point to a bios setting. Not a user friendly experience. As noted it was AMI BIOS, just Intel hardware.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Kerrnel,

Thank you for taking the time to update this thread.

I am glad the HDMI audio is working on your computer. I understand driver installation sometimes is not user-friendly. I have been there as well. Sorry for the bad experience.

Allan J.
0 Kudos