Items with no label
3335 Discussions

Intel r200 facial recognition software

RAcke
Beginner

Greetings,

I have an Intel R200 camera-the SDK has several nice sample facial recognition apps-but I can spoof all of them with a decent picture. Are none of these apps unspoofable?? I would appreciate any thoughts about what I might be doing wrong. Thanks.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello racker116,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm not familiar with the term "spoof", at least not in this context, and a quick search on the web did not help me clarify its meaning. Could you please explain us what you mean by "...I can spoof all of them with a decent picture..."?

We will be waiting for your response.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos
RAcke
Beginner

Sorry-I meant that after the camera registers a real 3-D face I can fool the camera with a 2-D picture of that face. False positive.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I understand, let me see what I can find out about this. I will update you in here if I'm able to find anything useful regarding this topic.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi racker116,

We've been running some tests with our R200 and we've been able to replicate the behavior you mentioned.

However, as you can see at https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html%3Fdoc_face_face_recognition_data.html https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/index.html?doc_face_face_recognition_data.html, face recognition is only available for the F200 and SR300. So, this is a limitation on the R200 hardware in specific.

Pedro M.

0 Kudos
RAcke
Beginner

Hey Pedro,

Obviously my research was not thorough enough. Thanks for your replies and the link.

Rodger

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

You are very welcome! If you ever have any doubt or question about the R200 or any of our RealSense products, please don't hesitate to come back to the community, we'll try to help you in any way we can.

Pedro M.
0 Kudos