Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

Random black screen. GPU - HD Graphics 400 (Braswell)

IChiz
Beginner
  1. I have an issue with the randomly appearing black screen for half a minute or more period. Here is the thread http://forum.chuwi.com/thread-3633-1-1.html With no adequate answer from the manufacturer. Replaced the driver to the last one from Intel and provided by manufacturer with no result. GPU is HD Graphics 400 (Braswell). Moreover, I wanted to manipulate with overclocking (volume and frequency) but none of available applications (Afterburner, ASUS Ai Sute…) can work with my platform (Hampoo motherboard) including officially provided Intel XTU by Intel. Could you please assist with resolving ..? Pleeeease….
0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello INCH,

Thank you for joining the Graphics community.

I noticed that your processor is an Intel® Atom™ Processor for Smartphone and Tablet, all the drivers and support for these type of processor are handle directly with the computer manufacturer. You can always use the latest from our end, but the best answer in regard to this issue should be addressed by your device manufacturer.

Regarding the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, this tool displays various controls and provides access to features based on the system's motherboard and processor configurations. Not all processors provide real-time support for all controls. Motherboard manufacturers can restrict access to various controls that prevent the user from overclocking those settings.

The following driver; https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26228/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-and-Windows-7-8-1-15-40- Download Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows® 10 and Windows 7*/8.1* [15.40], is the latest from our end for your graphics controller.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
IChiz
Beginner

Thank you, Amy for the respond, I appreciate it. The manufacturer doesn't provide a solution unfortunately. He suggested me to send the device back for fixing believing that it never be done I suppose. It is not acceptable for me... it took almost 2 months to get it from China..

This problem never appears being launched under Android (device has dual system), only under Windows it appears. It certainly the drivers related issue. I need Windows more than Android.

It looks like it works more stable when I switch off graphic acceleration items in Chrome and Outlook. But the problem still exists...

Could you please recommend an utility except ETU that will work with GPU in my case. Or maybe some procedure to make under REGEDIT.. Or something else.

Thanks in advance,

Igor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, you're welcome.

I just wanted to let you know that Intel does not provide assistance for overclocking, so in this case the best thing is to wait for another community member to post similar experience or get more feedback on other forums. Maybe you could try with http://www.overclockers.com/forums/ Overclockers Forums or http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/ EXTREME Overclocking Forums - Learn To Overclock Your PC Hardware.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
IChiz
Beginner

OK. Thanks.

Best regards, Igor....

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure, and if there is something else I can help you with, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
IChiz
Beginner

Dear Amy, please confirm that there is no ability to forcibly change a frequency and voltage level on this HD Graphics (Braswell) controllers ( CPU Atom x5- 8350). As I can see browsing forums this type of processors don't have this option. Only through the Windows general settings. Is this correct?

It's a pity if so. I thought it might help in my case.

But maybe still there are some settings in the Windows register... "regedit" that have concern to the video card and can help?

I've made changes in some Windows settings and BIOS according to that I found in the Internet and it helped a little bit but those black blanks still appear. Randomly. Something provoke it...The problem is not totally solved unfortunately.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Igor, based on the information we have the processors where you can modify those parameters are the those nominated with a "K" or "X". Regarding regedit inquiry, the best place to get more answers is with the Microsoft support, they should be able to help and provide the case scenarios in this particular matter.

If you have more questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Amy.

0 Kudos
IChiz
Beginner

OK/ Thanks a lot

Best regards,

Igor

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sure Igor, you're welcome.