Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Centrino N2230 won't work since Windows 10 update - Wifi keeps disconnecting - What should i do?

NNac
Beginner

Good morning, Hello, i am Nathalie, From France !

Since i have updated my ASUS laptop to Windows 10 (was on Windows 7), i can't get a stable connection of my Wifi.

i can see networks available, on my request it is connecting for 5 seconds max, then disconnecting automatically. same if i am on battery or on power supply.

All is working fine with Ethernet cable.

I have followed all recommendations linked to battery savings (disable + full performance ) etc... no success.

I have an Intel Centrino N2230 network adapter:

Fabricant : Intel Corporation

Description : Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230

Version du pilote : 15.18.0.1

Adresse physique : ‎68-5D-43-71-F1-B5

i have tried to update to the latest driver, but i feel the installation is incomplete, here is one of the messages in the network adapter events log :

impossible d'effectuer la migration du périphérique PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_40628086&REV_C4\4&3d12982&0&00E1.

Dernier ID d'instance de périphérique : SW\{EEAB7790-C514-11D1-B42B-00805FC1270E}\ASYNCMAC

GUID de classe : {4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Chemin d'accès d'emplacement :

Rang de la migration: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF112

Présent: false

État : 0xC0000719

I am not an expert, but i think i understand basics, your help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Have a good day,

Nathalie

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

NathalieC8360,

Before we go any further could please confirm if this adapter is the one installed by factory?

Please, bear in mind that this adapter is supported with Windows®10 own inbox driver. The drivers found in our download center for this adapter are Window* 8.1 compliant as you can confirm here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-8-1-?product=66889 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows*8.1 Version 18.20.0

Our recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer first and obtain the latest drivers from them for this adapter if this adapter is the one installed by factory.

Sometimes, a clean installation of the drivers are necessary. This is how you can do it:

1. Download and save the drivers from the link above.

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Let us know if this helped you.

Best regards,

Aleki

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

NathalieC8360,

Before we go any further could please confirm if this adapter is the one installed by factory?

Please, bear in mind that this adapter is supported with Windows®10 own inbox driver. The drivers found in our download center for this adapter are Window* 8.1 compliant as you can confirm here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25276/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-and-Drivers-for-Windows-8-1-?product=66889 Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and Drivers for Windows*8.1 Version 18.20.0

Our recommendation is to contact your computer manufacturer first and obtain the latest drivers from them for this adapter if this adapter is the one installed by factory.

Sometimes, a clean installation of the drivers are necessary. This is how you can do it:

1. Download and save the drivers from the link above.

2. Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software", if it is installed. When prompted, choose the option to "Discard settings".

3. In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Wireless-N 2230 and Uninstall it. Make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4. Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver is detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well. Repeat this process until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

5. Install the Intel® Wireless driver. During the first steps of PROSet/Wireless installation, make sure to customize the installation and install all the 3 driver components.

Let us know if this helped you.

Best regards,

Aleki

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NathalieC8360,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if the steps sent to you above helped you to resolve this situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
NNac
Beginner

... until I logged in again. even after restarts !

i must then remove the driver and reinstall it, and then it work.

How to get around this now?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NathalieC78360,

In this particular case, can you clean uninstall the drivers and let Windows®10 install its own inbox drivers and test it. Let us know if this situation still persists after using the OS's inbox driver.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
NNac
Beginner

thanks a lot for your recommendations and sorry for my late reply.

the steps to delete all drivers already installed is the one that seemed to be missing for me.

wifi works fine for more than 5min now ... thanks again for your professionalism.

Nathalie

PS : yes it was the original adapter by factory, on my ASUS.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NathalieC78360,

We are glad to know it worked for you. We are at your disposal any time you need our support and assistance. Have a great week!

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

NathalieC78360,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if the suggestion we provided, helped you to resolve the situation.

Best regards,

Aleki
0 Kudos