Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20498 Discussions

Certain programs "zoomed in" after updating graphics drivers

JBell9
Beginner

Category

Questions

Answers (N/A if not applicable)

Description

Provide a detailed description of the issue

I was unsatisfied with the way my (relatively) low end computer handed games, and learned that my hardware manufacturer put in a driver that limited performance of the GPU. So, I downloaded a driver that fixed this. However, certain programs, EX: Blender, are slightly zoomed in unless I go into full screen. (Zoom is subtle, except for the top. The top zoom is larger than the rest, almost like the window border covers it.)

Please place an X to the right of the option showing how often you see this issue using specific steps. (Ex: 'Every few times a game is started it flickers.' <- This would be "Often")<p> 

Always (100%): X (Only certain programs)

Often (51-99%):

Sporadic (20-50%):

Very Sporadic (<20%):

Hardware (HW)

Brand and Model of the system.

Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 (Integrated)

Hybrid or switchable graphics system?

ie Does it have AMD or NV graphics too?

No

No

<spa...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Stefan3D
Honored Contributor II

21.20.16.4678? (Found to the right of display adapter title in System Support Utility)

Regarding VBIOS:

on contemporary rigs it's replaced by GOP, version number is exposed in Intel control panel/options/info-center

Regarding Blender:

looks like the same issue here

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much to Stefan3D for the comments posted previously.

funinthesun187: Thank you very much for joining the Intel® Graphics communities.

Since the latest driver for the Intel® HD Graphics 520 is already installed, in order to try to fix this problem we will do further research on this matter. Besides the information on the chart, please provide the information requested on the following link:

/thread/77761 https://communities.intel.com/thread/77761

Also, if you test an older driver version, is the problem the same?

Any further questions, please let me know.

Regards

Alberto R

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

funinthesun187: I just wanted to check if you saw the information we requested on the previous post and if you need further assistance on this matter?

Any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Alberto R

0 Kudos