Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2600CWTSR is it ok to flash onboard LSISAS3008 to IT mode?

idata
Employee

New Intel S2600CWTSR with onboard RAID (LSISAS3008) 12Gb/s controller.

The controller is set to RAID and I would like to flash to IT mode.

Has anyone done this with or without issues?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Sydney,

Thank you for contacting Intel Customer Support.

We are currently working on your query, and we will get back to you as soon as possible with information.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sydney,

I already checked the latest firmware revision for the integrated LSISAS3008 controller posted https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26381/iMR-3008-ROC-Hardware-RAID-Firmware-Flash-Update?product=88273 here, and it does not offer to change the RAID into IT mode option.

But what this controller offers is to create individual RAID 0s that will still be handled by the firmware.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jeremiah,

I looked at the firmware in your post, but it won't do what I need, as I'm not using raid just yet.

I have a LSISAS9300-8i HBA card, so I'll flash update it and use that to control the HDD's.

Thanks for info.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Sydney,

I am sorry the LSISA3008 did not work for you. Please let us know if there is anything we can help with or if we can close the case.

Regards,

Henry A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SYDDOS

I hope you are doing well today.

I'm following up with you to see if there is anything else I can help you with. Please feel free to contact us, more than glad to help.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Jeremiah A,

I've installed my LSISAS9300-8i HBA and it's working ok.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,

Sydney.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi SYDDOS,

I'm glad you were able to find a solution. Based on this I will proceed and close the case.

Regards,

Jeremiah A.

0 Kudos