Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14513 Discussions

Will the Atom x5-z8350 run Windows 7 pro 64 bit

idata
Employee

I have a Z83 Mini PC that I want to run an older single application on but it is not compatible with Win 10 so I would like to down grade to Win 7 pro 64 bit. Wil the Atom x5-z850 run it. I keep getting an Intel SD Host Controller Driver error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello JohnStone,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

In this case, you could install Windows® 7 with this processor but you will need to use the Windows® graphics driver because there are no drivers available for the graphics on this and Windows® 7.

Also, I suggest you to contact your Mini PC manufacturer and ask them if the system supports Windows® 7 or if you will be able to install it because this also can be a limitation from your computer manufacturer that will allow the installation of Windows® 10 only.

You computer manufacture may alter the features and specifications and for that reason they will give you better information about it.

You can provide me with your system model and I can try to look at their website to find out more information.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
Santisis
Beginner
Hi, I have the same processor in a lenovo notebook and I was looking to install windows 7 since windows 10 works horrible on a notebook with only 32gb of storage and according to the answer that intel gave you, the integrated graphics are not compatible with the operating system,
have you tried windows 8? 
because windows 7 cannot be installed

0 Kudos