Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Why AC 7260 could get IPv6 but cannot connect? Only by IPv4

idata
Employee

I have the AC 7260 in Windows 10 (x64 creators update) and it gets IPv4 and IPv6, however only IPv4 is really working.

Using Wired or USB Wifi it works nicely, I can ping and trace route using IPv6.

While using AC 7260, it shows the correct address in ipconfig, but cannot ping or trace route using IPv6.

Is this a configuration, driver or Windows issue?

I'm using the last available driver 19.60.0.

Can someone help me?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello MSaran,

We understand that your system is having issues with IPv6. We are glad to help and would like to get some additional information:

- Has this ever worked fine?

- Were there any changes made around the time this issue started? (Hardware changes, system update, etc.)

- Access point model and firmware version.

- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Download Intel® System Support Utility, run the tool and use it to create a report with all sections, once the report is created, click on the "Next" button. In the following screen, save the report to a file. Then use the Advanced editor options of the communities to add the resulting file to your post as an attachment.

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello MSaran,

We would like to inform that there is a thread with similar reports. It seems there is an issue with the OS and IPV6, it happens with other wireless adapters from other brands as well. Other users have reported success using the workarounds: Disabling RSC or lowering the MTU size.

You can check the details about this in the thread: /message/480777# 480777 Intel dual band 7260AC for desktop hangs on Windows 10 creator edition with IPv6 enabled

Regards,

Jonathan B.
0 Kudos