Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here

Unsupported Bios Mode

PS10
Novice

Hello!

I am running a Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 7 board. I have updated the BIOS to version 6, this version is Optane ready, as per the notes. When I go to install the software it tells me Unsupported BIOS Mode. Your system BIOS configuration is not compatible with Intel Optane Memory.

I am running in UEFI boot as I am using an M.2 SSD as well, the only way I could install Windows.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

P

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PS10
Novice

So I had to convert the OS drive from MBR to GPT, silly me. Then I could change the bootup drive in the bios to UEFI and not legacy. Software is now installed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PS10
Novice

So I had to convert the OS drive from MBR to GPT, silly me. Then I could change the bootup drive in the bios to UEFI and not legacy. Software is now installed.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello overloadu,

We're glad you were able to find the solution to your problem. If you have any further issues, feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
PS10
Novice

Hello Carlos,

Is there an issue running the ADATA XPG SX8000 NVMe M.2 PCIe x4 SSD, 256GB with Optane memory? When I install the software it reboots, then it is says inaccessible boot device. When I look in the Bios the Intel Raid Optane is selected, I have to change it back to boot.

P

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello overloadu,

Intel® Optane™ Memory will only work with SATA based boot drives. You will have no issues with NVMe* drives, but these are not supported for system acceleration.

Do keep in mind that if you have previously paired your Optane™ memory module with your boot drive it will be important to disable it before making changes to your boot order.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello overloadu,

We hope your questions have been cleared up. If you need any further assistance, do let us know.

Best regards,

Carlos A.
0 Kudos