Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Enable Custom Aspect Ratios

RCox3
Beginner

My post is related to this same issue

/message/409224 https://communities.intel.com/message/409224

I've tried every resolution including custom resolutions, and the screen is always either too tall or too wide on HDMI. Am I too believe that the " custom aspect ratios " is not available for every device or driver version in Intel HD Control Panel. I have the option on my other laptop with the Graphics and Media control panel, though it seems random when it actually enables. Seems like a lot of hassle to go through for what should be a simple and easily or already enabled feature.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Sonic98,

Thank you for contacting the Intel community.

This is most likely a limitation by your computer manufacturer on this specific driver version that you have installed, we can try installing the latest graphics driver version, you can download it here:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26682/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-?product=87261 Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]

If you get an error installing this driver, I suggest you to uninstall the old one and install this new version /Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows 8*/8.1* manually.

I hope this can help.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
RCox3
Beginner

I'll try installing drivers again

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you Sonic98, please let me know how it goes.

Ivan U.

0 Kudos
RCox3
Beginner

it looks like my posted more than once. I don't know if we need to merge those threads or something

0 Kudos
RCox3
Beginner

Ok I'm all the way up to 4624 and I got the "maintain display scaling" but I have not gotten "custom aspect ratios" or the sliders around the preview image. Updating has not fixed my problem, and I have tried every resolution including some custom ones.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sonic98,

I'm sorry that your still have this issue.

I can't confirm that this option is available with this driver version, this is a limitation by your computer manufacturer, you can try contacting you computer manufacturer to see if they have a new BIOS version for your system that it might help but I can guarantee it.

Best regards,

Ivan U.

0 Kudos