Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20499 Discussions

severe lag if select second screen option for mirroring

jkhan4
Novice

mirroring is fine when i use duplicate screen option but theres severe lag in video playback when i use second screen option only intel hd graphics 5500 driver:-10.18.15.4268

window 8.1.system specs core i5 5200u 8gb ram

0 Kudos
15 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello jazzy94,

Thank you for contacting Intel® technical support. I will be more than happy to help you.

I understand that you are having issues while mirroring with an Intel® HD Graphics 5500 controller.

Please let me know what type of connection are you using for the additional screen, and if you are using a splitter, a docking station, or any kind of adapters.

Also, to better assist you with your request, I will need to check some information about your computer. Please follow these steps:
  1. In the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R.
  2. In the Run box please type dxdiag and hit Enter.
  3. Click on Save All Information (save it in your desktop).
  4. Attach to this thread the file
To attach a file, you must click the "Attach" option on the bottom right hand corner of the response box.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

thanks for quick response

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

i am using window 8.1 wireless mirroring option for connecting my laptop to a samsung tv model mu7000.i am not using any adapter,wire,splitter or docking station.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jazzy94,

Thank you for the information provided. In this case, I recommend you to update the driver for the Intel® HD Graphics controller to the latest version. It would be better if you first uninstall and delete the current driver, and then manually install the latest driver for this controller.

Please follow the steps below to uninstall the graphics driver:

On the keyboard, press WinLogo key + R, then type in devmgmt.msc

Expand the Display Adapters section.

Find the Intel® Graphics Driver. The driver can also be called the Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver (Intel® GMA Driver).

Right-click the Intel Graphics Driver and select Uninstall.

Select the check box Delete the driver software for this device.

Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.

Please follow these steps in order to update the graphics driver:

Download the graphics driver ZIP file: https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27267/a08/win64_154037.4835.zip

Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

Press Windows + X keys together to open Device Manager.

Click Yes when prompted for permission from User Account Control.

Expand the Display adapters section.

Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software.

Click "Browse my computer for driver software".

Click "Browse" and select the directory where the driver files are found.

Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

Reboot your computer.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

for security reasons we have disabled access to this link error when i try to opn the link you mentioned

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

things i have done so far are reinstaling both intel graphics and intel wireless card drivers but problem didnt get solve..it appears that if i try to switch between mirroring options then the problem occurs for example if i started mirroring with duplicate screen the problem occurs if i select second screen option only during mirroring without disconnecting plus sometimess ound also dissapears too and lip sync issue also comes.i have reinstalled all microsoft virtual network adaper added tv in devices again from control panel after removing it

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

driver being installed is not validated for this computer error if i try to install the driver of which you have shared the link to download

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

installed new drivers but now when i mirror my laptop to tv tv screen stays black and nothings is shown on the tv screen tv says connecting after which black screen comes and it stays like that

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

problem dint get resolve after installing new drivers i reinstalled once again deleted and added tv again through control panel but now lagging is even there in duplicate mode too....video audio both lags severely and it was unable to play any video in extnd mode there was severe lag in that mode too when i played a video in extended mode on tv

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jazzy94,

I am sorry to see that a driver update did not fix the issue. You can test the system with another cable, in other ports, and even with another external monitor. This most likely will confirm if there is a hardware related issue.

After trying that, as a possible workaround, please download and install the driver provided with by the computer manufacturer for this computer, and let me know if this helps you in any way. Please follow the next link to download the driver from the HP website: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77117.exe

Please be aware that the content on that site is not controlled by Intel®. This information is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel® for the merchants or services offered there.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

your last ink dint work and i had to get on a live chat with intel agent and then he send a link from where i was able to download that driver now again the link you have shared i cant download from it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jazzy94,

I am truly situation about the links in the forum thread. I have escalated a feedback to the department in charge, and I have been informed that this situation will be fixed as soon as possible.

Since at the moment it is not possible to simply click the link, you can just copy the entire link, paste in another browser tab, and hit Enter. In the case of the link of my post above, if you paste it in another tab and hit Enter, it will immediately start downloading an EXE file from the HP website.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

so i should delete previous drivers of which you shared link of and then reinstall those drivers which you have send in the last link?

0 Kudos
jkhan4
Novice

@intel corporation did everything installed reinstaled all new drivers of intel graphics but still no avail...even deleted old drivers in device manager by enabling hidden devices,installed different new and old intel wireless drivers too but still problem is persistent i cant figure what is wrong.....mirroring with mobile and other devices is perfectly fine but as soon as i connect this laptop probook 450 g2 it starts exhibiting these problems like audio syns issues...disconnecting on its own...audio dissapears if video is paused for a short time....video stutters if i select second screen option only....is there any other diagnostics i can do?or any live chat agent who can do that for me?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello jazzy94,

I do apologize for the inconvenience. However, regarding sending video via wireless connections in Intel® we can only recommend you to update the graphics driver to the latest version or to install the driver provided by the computer manufacturer.

Intel® no longer provides with support or development of wireless display applications and related programs. Our recommendation would be contacting the computer manufacturer to update the wireless card driver, but since you are using the Windows® 8.1 wireless mirroring option, you may need to contact Microsoft® Support for further assistance.

Regards,

Xavier A.
0 Kudos