cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel SSD 750 series endurance.

ABo
New Contributor

Hello. I'm interested in what will happen to the drive, if the recorded data exceeds 128TB (the declared resource of the drive): it will go into read mode or continue working further, until the reserve blocks are exhausted, or some other condition (what?) Is reached. Very strange is the limitation in 128GB for recording this drive for enthusiasts, for MLC memory in comparison with the budget segment's 600p drives, in which the resource is claimed to be 2 times larger for a similar volume. The same question is of interest for the DC P3600 series.

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Sacha,

We understand your concern regarding the endurance of the SSDs. We would like to inform you that when the SSD reaches the maximum Terabytes Written (127 TBW), It will go to a "Read Only" status which means you will no longer be able to write to the SSD. Also, This applies to the models mentioned above.Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.

ABo
New Contributor

I'm very upset by the policy of Intel, which deprives me of the opportunity to use the thing for which I paid, and which is still clearly in excellent working condition

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Sacha,

We understand your concern regarding the SSD's endurance. However, we would like to inform you that the endurance rating of the SSD 70GB per day. This is calculated for the SSD's warranty period that is 5 years so that's why it is 127 TBW. Please let us know if there is something else we can assist you with. Regards, Junior M.