Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2054 Discussions

Rapid storage made my hd into a recovery drive how to undo

ROng
Beginner

i was prompted to protect my drive by rapid storage then my whole hard disk is no longer detected and ive lost all my files

0 Kudos
4 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Ggralpy,

Thank you for joining the Rapid Storage Technology Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your drive.

Could please let us know if you had a RAID configuration set? Depending on the configuration set it could be possible to retrieve some pieces of data.

Is the disk detected in the BIOS? Can your operating system detect the disk?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119675 Ggralpy,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
TLudw
Beginner

I have the same problem, my volume is a recovery volume and I have not made any configuration or anything similar, I just want to delete the volume to be able to use my 1Tb hard drive again and I do not know how to delete it.

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

At POST, use CTRL-I to enter the RST BIOS Extension. In this menu, you can mark drives as no longer being in use by an array. As the warning message will indicate, you will lose the contents of the drive when you perform this operation, so don't do it if there are any data files on the driver that you (still) need to extract.

If you are installing an O/S to this driver, you should be able to proceed with this directly. If you are going to use it as a data drive, once you are back in Windows, you likely need to use the Control Panel Disk Management applet to reinitialize the drive and/or create a partition on it. You can start this applet with command "diskmgmt.msc".

Hope this helps,

...S

0 Kudos