Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14534 Discussions

Set Intel Turbo Boost Max 3.0 to Optimize Windows Services

ALitt1
Novice

Is it possible (and good or bad) to add Windows services to the boost list? I do dev and am thinking I'd like to boost, say, IIS, while I'm working. But it runs under svchost.exe, I believe, which is the generic service host EXE. Is there any way to tune it for specific services or I just boost all services if I want to do that?

Maybe it's not worth the trouble?

This is on a i9-7900X.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ALitt1
Novice

Haha. I actually tried to add C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe, and it told me it is not supported.

So I guess the answer is NO. Is this a temporary thing or is there a fundamental reason it's blacklisted?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ALitt1
Novice

Haha. I actually tried to add C:\Windows\System32\svchost.exe, and it told me it is not supported.

So I guess the answer is NO. Is this a temporary thing or is there a fundamental reason it's blacklisted?

0 Kudos
n_scott_pearson
Super User

Ambrose,

This is really a set of questions that you should be asking Microsoft. If you want an opinion, I suggest you leave these priorities alone.

...S

0 Kudos
ALitt1
Novice

Thanks for the reply, Scott.

I'm assuming that Intel wrote this block in there for a reason. Now I'm curious why. In any case, it appears I don't have the choice, so the question may be moot.

0 Kudos