Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20629 Discussions

system tray icon disappeared -- integrated graphics

sglob
Beginner

I can't find another way to access graphics settings.

Windows 10 pro x64 fall creators update

i-5 skylake

Graphics Product [1]Intel(R) HD Graphics 530Graphics Driver Version22.20.16.4815
0 Kudos
6 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi shmu,

I understand the system tray icon has disappeared. Let me help you on this matter.

I would like to know if this situation still happens after installing the latest graphics drivers version https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27266/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-60-?product=88345 4849

Please test driver above and let me know your findings.

Regards,

Allan J.

0 Kudos
sglob
Beginner

I will give it a try. Funny there is a new version already, because I updated the driver just 12 hours ago, from the intel site...

But anyways, someone told me that all you have to do is a right click anywhere on desktop, and you have intel graphics as an option.

0 Kudos
sglob
Beginner

The new driver didn't change anything, but the answer is:

right click on desktop, then:

intel graphics/options/preferences/tray icon/enable

Doesn't really matter, because you can get to all the same settings with right click on desktop, so the tray icon is just another way to achieve the same thing

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi shmu,

Thank you for the information.

I would like to confirm if after enabling graphics icon you have the option or not.

I was trying to replicate this issue with same graphics controller and the latest video drivers but I did get graphics tray icon.

Regards,

Allan J
0 Kudos
sglob
Beginner

Hi, after enabling tray icon as i described, I now have both the right-click context menu option to open settings, and also the system tray icon, which opens settings with a regular mouse click.

It seems to me that windows 10 fall creators update, 16299, significantly changed the processes governing intel integrated graphics, so if you are not on that build, you likely will not get the same behavior.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi shmu,

Thank you for the clarification and thank you for letting me know that the graphics menu is back.

Regards,

Allan J.

0 Kudos