Processors
Intel® Processors, Tools, and Utilities
14512 Discussions

HUGE ISSUES with Turbo boost max

blore1
Beginner

I have an Asus x299 deluxe board.

The turbo boost max software is just not making any sense.

It was installed, and when it was, I just got messages about the driver not being available when the system booted.

So, I uninstalled it, and now everything is haywire. The turbo boost software still shows under the apps and features of Windows 10, but when I try to uninstall it, I get a message that some file couldn't be found, so I have a zombie app showing in the installed apps.

Additionally, I've downloaded the installer, and considering it doesn't have an installer (what is with this??), I run the instructions as laid out in the readme file, installing by right clicking the .inf, it tells me it installed, but on a reboot, the control panel for ITBM isn't in my start menu, and the zombie app is still showing.

This is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. How am I supposed to make this work? I don't see a device in device manager without a driver, but this is inane. This zombie app won't go away, and it's FRUSTRATING.

Please help. I have Windows 10, all latest updates installed, motherboard has latest BIOS.

HELP.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello brian lorelle,

Thank you for bringing this matter to the Community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues with this app.

Is this https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26103/Intel-Turbo-Boost-Max-Technology-3-0 Download Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 the version are trying to uninstall?

What steps are you following to uninstall it?

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

The latest installer from the Intel website. It is INANE that it doesn't have a standard installer and needs to be installed via .inf.

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

also, why in GOD'S NAME does the ITBM panel open up every damn time I boot Windows? Why is this so poorly designed?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Please try the following suggestion,

1. Enter Safe Mode.
  2. Go to Windows Control Panel, Programs, Uninstall a Program, and uninstall any previous version of Intel® Turbo Boost Max Technology 3.0 software.
  3. Reboot the system.
  4. Boot to Windows normally.

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119801 brian lorelle,

If you need further assistance let us know.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos
blore1
Beginner

I just gave up and re-imaged. This should be worked out to work better.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

/thread/119801 brian lorelle, I am glad to hear you were able to remove it. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Regards,

Amy C.

0 Kudos