Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7368 Discussions

Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 Connection issues

KOtoo
Beginner

So I have the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 WIFI Card and I started having this issues today where I have to install the ProSet drivers every time I restart the PC to be able to use WIFI and Bluetooth and it is super annoying so if anyone can help me with this here are the SSU logs https://hastebin.com/uduyafayoy.vbs https://hastebin.com/uduyafayoy.vbs

0 Kudos
15 Replies
AlHill
Super User

I cannot help you with your issue, but I would replace your log link with a .TXT extension instead of a .VBS extention, to ease user's fear of downloading some malicious script.

Doc

0 Kudos
KOtoo
Beginner

its not a download it is a webpage with text

0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User

Fine, but you get my point, right?

Doc

0 Kudos
KOtoo
Beginner
0 Kudos
AlHill
Super User
0 Kudos
KOtoo
Beginner

heres a pastebin if you trust this more https://pastebin.com/n75ARbvF logs - Pastebin.com

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KeganO,

Thanks for posting in our communities.

Checking the provided SSU log file, it seems you have the latest driver for your wireless adapter installed. However, we recommend performing a clean driver installation in hopes to fix the problem.

You can find a step by step guide to clean wireless driver installation here:

- https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000022173/network-and-i-o/wireless-networking.html Clean Installation of Wireless Drivers

Please apply the process for both the Wireless and Bluetooth* drivers.

If the issue persists, please share more information about the symptoms. Describe what's the problem you experience after boot that blocks you from connecting to WiFi and Bluetooth*.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KOtoo
Beginner

I have already did that and it has not helped

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KeganO,

Thanks for taking the time to test a clean wireless driver installation.

In order to further assist you, we would like to gather more details on the problem. Please provide us with a detailed description of the issue and any error messages/codes you receive, please indicate where the errors are showing as well.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KOtoo
Beginner

I am not getting any error messages just when I restart my PC I can't see any wifi networks nor will it connect until I reinstall the proset drivers and it is super annoying!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

KeganO,

Thanks for your reply.

After restarting the system without reinstalling the drivers, please press the Windows Key + X and select Device Manager. Expand the Bluetooth and Network Adapter lines. Look for yellow exclamation marks and check the wireless adapter properties to verify if it's working properly.

Also, do you know if the issue happens when the system comes back from sleep mode?

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
KOtoo
Beginner

there is no yellow ! and it says it is working, I do not put my pc to sleep but I do lock my pc and I have never had an issue there

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KeganO,

Thanks for checking the device status.

We'll investigate the issue and get back to you as soon as we get updates.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KeganO,

We have further recommendations that may fix the connectivity issue you experience after starting the system:

1. In the Device Manager window, click on the View in the File menu and select Show hidden devices.
  2. In the list of devices, expand the Network adapters.
  3. Look for Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter. Right-click on it and select Disable device.
  4. Select Yes in the alert box with the warning.
  5. Restart your PC.

Please try the steps above and let us know the results.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello KeganO,

We haven't heard from you in a while. We would like to know if you had the chance to disable Microsoft WiFi Direct Virtual Adapter from Device Manager and if this fixed the problem.

Best regards,

Eugenio F.
0 Kudos