Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

RS3DC040 RAID controller started to beep with battery module

SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Dear support,

We have one server S2600WT and this RS3DC040 RAID controller with battery.

All worked fine over a year, but at some day it started to give an overheating error.

But temperatures are Ok and it is 16C degrees in server room.

We upgraded all firmwares, that were possible to upgrade - that helped for few days.

Then we changed a RAID controller to a brand new one - didn't help.

When we unplugged battery - didn't help

We unplugged battery controller from RAID card - that helped and server stopped beepeing.

We changed this battery module to a new one - didn't help.

There is no errors in RAID console, but just beeping.

How can we solve this issue?

regards,

Sergei.

0 Kudos
14 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Sergei,

I was reviewing your situation and I would like to assist you on this in order to find the root of this issue that you have been facing. Please provide us the following information:

A) BIOS Version (S2600WT): B) Firmware Version (RS3DC040 RAID Controller):

Also, have you ever tried to set up the RAID Controller into a different Server Motherboard in order to check the issue still persists?

Have you ever set up your BIOS Version as default?

I will be waiting the outcome in order to proceed with the next step.

Have a wonderful day,

Best Regards,

Emeth X

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello!

Additional information:

A) BIOS Version (S2600WT): R01.01.0027 

B) Firmware Version (RS3DC040 RAID Controller): 24.21.0-0025

Also, have you ever tried to set up the RAID Controller into a different Server Motherboard in order to check the issue still persists? No, but we tried with brand new RAID card and new BATTERY and battery module

Have you ever set up your BIOS Version as default? Yes we did it after BIOS upgrade.As I wrote before, the only thing that helps, is to remove BBU module, then it stops beeping.

Sergei

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Sergei,

Thank you so much for the information provided.

Could you please so kind and indicate us the LED status of the motherboard when the RAID Controller in order to make sure some details.

Also, please provide us the BBU module model that you are using in order to confirm the information.

If you have the chance to provide us the sysinfo log will help me a lot in order to analyze this scenario in a deeper way.

I will be waiting your information in order to proceed with the next step.

Best Regards,

Emeth X

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I would like to see if you still need more assistance in this case. If so, please let me me know.

Have a wonderful day,

Best Regards,

Emeth X.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

If you have any other question please do not hesitate and let us know and we will be more than happy to help you.

Best Regards,

Emeth X

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello Emeth!

I am terribly sorry for delay with reply. Support person was on vacation and customer as well

Anyway. Please take a look at log files attached. We could collect them with SysInfo utility from that server.

Regards,

Sergei

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

No worries, let me ask you the following information:

Could you please so kind and indicate us the LED status of the motherboard when the RAID Controller in order to make sure some details.

Also, please provide us the BBU module model that you are using in order to confirm the information.

Best regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Please take alook at picture of BBU controller attached with SN and model.

We will try to make picture od LEDs but not sure that will be able to make it quickly.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Thank you so much for contacting us back and provide us the information about the Intel® RAID Maintenance Free Backup AXXRMFBU4.

I would like to ask you the model of the Intel RAID Controller that you are using into your server system. Also, I will request you to analyze your system with the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* in order to know more information about the components of your system.

I will be waiting the information in order to proceed with the next step.

Have a wonderful day,

Emeth O
0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

I would like to ask you the model of the Intel RAID Controller that you are using into your server system.

- RS3DC040

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

I would like to share with you the following link https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/motherboards/server/sb/intel_raid_basic_troubleshooting_guide_v2_0.pdf Intel RAID Troubleshooting Guide v2 0;

You will have the chance to check some steps in order to figure out the root of this issue and also in the section 4.1.4 you will see the meanings of the system beep codes.

Best regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

If you have any other question, please let me know in order to assist you.

Have a wonderful day,

Best regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello,

Due to the fact that I have been reviewing this threat and there is no interactions from your end. I am going to proceed with close it once for all. If you have any other question please let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Best Regards,

Emeth O

0 Kudos
SAljoshin
New Contributor I

Hello,

There might be no interaction from my side as you didn't provide any information according log file and information we sent to you.

Troubleshoot guide couldn't solve this issue.

Sergei

0 Kudos