Items with no label
3335 Discussions

RealSense D400 series connectivity

CThom3
Beginner

I am using the RealSense D415 and need to set up remote operation. Is there any way to use USB 3.0 to Ethernet and then convert back through Ethernet to USB 3.0 to operate the camera? Operating distance is about 200 ft, which is too far for a USB cable.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Newnex can supply equipment confirmed to work with the 400 Series cameras that can extend the camera up to 100 meters using fiber cable. 200 feet = 60 m, so Newnex fiber optic cable extension would be well within your distance requirements.

Coincidentally, yesterday I was discussing USB Over Network (also called USB Over Ethernet), which allows USB devices to be accessed remotely. Googling for either term should provide plenty of information.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Newnex can supply equipment confirmed to work with the 400 Series cameras that can extend the camera up to 100 meters using fiber cable. 200 feet = 60 m, so Newnex fiber optic cable extension would be well within your distance requirements.

Coincidentally, yesterday I was discussing USB Over Network (also called USB Over Ethernet), which allows USB devices to be accessed remotely. Googling for either term should provide plenty of information.

0 Kudos
CThom3
Beginner

Thanks! I'll look into it.

0 Kudos