Intel® Optane™ Memory
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Optane™ Memory
Announcements
Want to learn how Intel® Optane™ Memory can help your business? Talk to our Expert!

Looking for our RealSense Community? Click HERE

The Intel® SSD Toolbox and Intel® Data Center Tool are now End-Of-Life, see for more information and replacements tools here
1343 Discussions

Unable to inject driver into windows recovery

HAli5
Beginner

Hello

I purchased Intel Optane 32 GB yesterday and it was really hard to install it. I had to flash the latest bios first then change from MBR to GPT then from Legacy to UEFI . after that I got this message while installing the Optane "Unable to inject driver into windows recovery" please see the attachment files.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hello Hossam.Ali.

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

As we understand you followed a guide similar to the "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024558/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Converting Windows® Installation from Legacy to UEFI without Data Loss" and were able to convert your HDD partitions table from MBR to GPT and after the process was completed you tried to set up the Optane software on your PC receiving the "Unable to inject the drivers into Windows Recovery partition" alert.

This alert is expected since your system does not have the 450MB recovery partition that is created during a fresh Windows installation on a GPT disk (UEFI boot mode enabled); in the other hand since you installed Windows on an MBR disk it only needed a System Reserved partition and C: drive.

Up to this point, you have two options:

Intel® recommends that a full and verified backup of data be performed before attempting to apply this process; see "The Importance of a Backup Solution" at

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000007914.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000007914.html

• Do a verified backup from your information and to perform a fresh Windows installation on a GPT disk (UEFI boot mode enabled).
  • As stated on the alert you shared with us you can continue the installation process but this may prevent the Windows Recovery environment from detecting that your Intel® Optane™ memory enabled computer in the event of a critical system failure.

We hope you find this information useful.

Do not hesitate to contact us back in case that you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello Hossam.Ali.

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

As we understand you followed a guide similar to the "https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000024558/memory-and-storage/intel-optane-memory.html Converting Windows® Installation from Legacy to UEFI without Data Loss" and were able to convert your HDD partitions table from MBR to GPT and after the process was completed you tried to set up the Optane software on your PC receiving the "Unable to inject the drivers into Windows Recovery partition" alert.

This alert is expected since your system does not have the 450MB recovery partition that is created during a fresh Windows installation on a GPT disk (UEFI boot mode enabled); in the other hand since you installed Windows on an MBR disk it only needed a System Reserved partition and C: drive.

Up to this point, you have two options:

Intel® recommends that a full and verified backup of data be performed before attempting to apply this process; see "The Importance of a Backup Solution" at

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000007914.html http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/server-products/000007914.html

• Do a verified backup from your information and to perform a fresh Windows installation on a GPT disk (UEFI boot mode enabled).
  • As stated on the alert you shared with us you can continue the installation process but this may prevent the Windows Recovery environment from detecting that your Intel® Optane™ memory enabled computer in the event of a critical system failure.

We hope you find this information useful.

Do not hesitate to contact us back in case that you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

HAli5
Beginner

I formatted my hard drive and I installed the windows then updated the windows and all the hardware drivers

The inatalling part went fine but when I try to enable it all my system freeze and I got the blue screen saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Hossam.Ali.

Thank you for your reply.

I noticed that you contacted our technical support department directly and you were provided you with some recommendations regarding on how to solve the issue you were experiencing and we were wondering if you needed further assistance.

If you do, please, provide us with a picture or a screenshot of the blue screen on your system to try to identify if it is related to the hardware or to the software configuration.

We will be looking forward to your reply in case that you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello Hossam.Ali.

Thank you for having contacted Intel Technical Support.

We have not heard from you since our last communication and we would like to know if you need further assistance or if we can close this case?

Important note: Should further assistance or clarification be required, we will greatly appreciate if you reply to this post instead of writing a new one unless your inquiry is completely unrelated. This way we will prevent generating a duplicate post and we will not lose the train of thought.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel Customer Support.
0 Kudos
FoxyFox11Den
Beginner

Hello Josh B, i think i'm having a similliar problem with the dude who post it. it said 'Unable to inject the driver ..... partition.' And i know you said i still can continue to use Optane but it just won't work, could you probably have a 'chat' with me? 

-fox

0 Kudos