Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20597 Discussions

VRam of Intel HD 4000

AAlSe
Beginner

Hello ,

Im trying to increase my VRam on my laptop , somehow its stuck on 32 , I updated my Driver , and i tried to change the video option from the bios but it didnt exist at all which is weird

heres some picture that might help .... thank you

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hello, MarcusBrawler96. Thank you very much for sharing your issue with the Intel Communities Team. I will be more than glad to assist you.

Firstly, allow me to mention that the Graphics Processing Unit (GPU ) does not have a dedicated memory; it uses shared memory that will be allocated automatically depending on various factors.

Then, there is no way to present this to a specific value, you can only limit the maximum memory that it can take. This option is usually available in BIOS. Usually, what can be modified are 128 MB, 256 MB, and maximum DVMT. Setting other values depends on the motherboard manufacturer and the amount of RAM installed on the computer.

You might want to double check this information as well: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020962/graphics-drivers.html Frequently Asked Questions for Intel® Graphics Memory on Windows® 10

If you are not able to change this value, please get in touch with DELL* Support so they can provide you with correct instruction on how to change this value or if it is not possible.

Antony S.
0 Kudos