Rapid Storage Technology
Intel® RST, RAID
2047 Discussions

rapid storage technology driver is killing my windows update

jkula
Beginner

I just got a new rig and have a problem with my Windows update and i traced the problem to rapid storage technology driver.

I am 100% sure the problem lies with rapid storage tech driver since when i uninstall it everything is ok meaning Windows update is getting updates.

When the RST driver is instaled the Windows update is saying "windows update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running windows 7".

I checked if the services of the windows update are turned on and they are and every thing else is also.

I first instaled the driver that came with my Asrock z97 pro3 motherboard. after i diagnosed the problem i tryed to install latest version of the driver but the problem is still there.

Really need help with this since i dont want to uninstall and install this driver every few days to get updates....

My sistem is

Asrock z97 pro3

i5 4690k

gainward gtx 970

Kingston DDR3 1600MHz

TT smart se 630w

Windows 7 ult

Ty for the help.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for joining the Chipset community.

What Intel® Rapid Storage version are you currently testing on the computer?

Does it happen with earlier driver versions?

Have you tested customized drivers from Asrock?

Was your computer Bios updated?

Allan.

0 Kudos
jkula
Beginner

Np Allan glad to be here well not really since i am here because i have a problem:P

Curent IRS version instaled on my computer is 13.1.0.1058 (thats the one i got from AsRock(after i have seen your post before that i had the latest driver from your page 13.2.4.1000. and before that i had v13.0.0.1098_PV that came with the cd i got from Asrock.

It happens with all versions and only time Windows update works when i uninstall RST driver.

I did after i have seen you post didnt help since as far as i can see they just had earlyer version of your driver.

I updated bios after i have seen your post the problem is still there.

So still stuck:/

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

I do not have reports of similar issues about Intel® Rapid Storage crashing windows update.

Please test version 12.9 and let me know your findings

File name: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/confirm.aspx?httpDown=http://downloadmirror.intel.com/23496/eng/SetupRST.exe&Lang=eng&Dwnldid=23496 SetupRST.exe

Allan.

0 Kudos
jkula
Beginner

I get this error when i try to install this version that you gave me the link as well when i try to install any 12 version i tryed 13 version after that and i can install it normaly but the problem with update is still there.

How much will i lose performance wise if i just dont have this driver installed?

Since as far as i can see everything is working normally with out it.

ty once again for you time and sorry for not replying sooner had a busy few days...

0 Kudos
Allan_J_Intel1
Employee

You will not lose performance because the driver "iastor" is kept installed on the computer, even if you uninstall the program.

Allan.
0 Kudos
jkula
Beginner

Cool then i will just uninstall it and maybe in a few months try some new version and fix the problem.

ty for the help anyhow.

0 Kudos