Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20624 Discussions

Cannot Install Intel HD Graphics on Windows Technical Preview

AGrin1
Beginner

I tried to Download the Drivers for my laptop through Windows Update, and here, it fails.

Downloading it on Windows Technical Preview, but I get an error code:

It installed on Windows 8.1, but Windows Technical Preview it gives me the error above.

Please help!

0 Kudos
15 Replies
GZimm1
Novice

I was able to manually install the Intel HD Graphics drivers by:

- Deleting the reference to Threshold in the configuration file that prevented installation with Windows Technical Preview

- Modifying the first line in the Windows 8.1 setup section header to [IntelGfx.NTamd64.6.4]

- Restarting in Windows Troubleshoot mode to allow installation of drivers not digitally signed

Cheers

RSant24
Beginner

First of all, thank you ssn650, I could install the latest driver with your guidance.

Just a question: it does not matter the driver I try, as soon as it gets installed, everything starts lagging. Opening a window, pressing alt+tab and so on .. is annoying! Is it happening with you?

Tried some drivers from Intel website as well as Microsoft Catalog e and it gives me the same behavior...

Regards

0 Kudos
GZimm1
Novice

I'm glad to hear you were able to install the Intel graphics drivers. You may have a point with the stuttering, however, since I admit my system is also experiencing this and I haven't been able to isolate the cause since the graphics drivers were the first to be installed. The default Microsoft Display Adapter driver only offered a maximum resolution of 1024 x 768, so I couldn't live with that restriction. But my other laptop is running just fine in Windows TP Build 9860 and it's equipped with an NVidia GeForce 650M adapter, so this may indeed be the cause.

Intel will have to release an updated driver soon, or at least before the launch of the Consumer Preview, so we may have to live with the lagging until then. Unless someone who's technically inclined can find a workaround in the meantime.

0 Kudos
RSant24
Beginner

ssn650 thank you for your answer.

Strangely, I can run on the full resolution, even with Microsoft's Basic Driver. The behaviors seem to be pretty weird as I could already manage to install Intel's one from Windows Update (normally it gives me an error) or the AMD driver was once, already installed. It seems not to have a consistency, you know?

Anyway, if I can find the problem, I will let you know!

Regards,

Rafael

0 Kudos
ABars2
Beginner

just download and install as described the latest win8.1 intel hd graphics driver from intels official site. this one is solving problems with lagging in win10, everything works smooth as in win8

0 Kudos
DWolo
Beginner

Could you please go into further detail on how to do this?

I have no idea where this "the reference to Threshold in the configuration file that prevented installation with Windows Technical Preview" is.

0 Kudos
DWolo
Beginner

ssn650

Could you please go into further detail on how to do this?

I have no idea where this "the reference to Threshold in the configuration file that prevented installation with Windows Technical Preview" is.

0 Kudos
BP5
New Contributor I

Any ETA on W10 TP drivers?

0 Kudos
DWolo
Beginner

Medevila wrote:

Any ETA on W10 TP drivers?

Never, Intel is completely UNCONCERNED with the Technical Preview community.

Despicable behavior...........

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Hi,

I have an Intel HD Graphics first generation and the last update is from early 2013. It could be nice to have one last update for those things :

1. Official Windows 8 and Windows 10 support.

2. New control panel (the one with flat design)

Thank you

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Would like an answer from devs.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Please check the following article: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm Graphics Drivers — Supported Operating Systems

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

Hi,

I saw your link about supported Windows version.

Do you know a way how I will be able to install Windows 10 on my Intel Core with HD Graphics 1st generation?

I know that requierement are not high for Windows 10, but I really need an answer. Do you know if there is a WDDM for my HD Graphics?

0 Kudos
ND
Novice

No other update for Intel HD Graphics 1st generation. What I would like is simple. New control panel and Windows 10 support. I hate my ugly blue control panel.

0 Kudos
AS27
Beginner

The only thing that worked for me on build Windows 10 Technical Preview build 9860 was installing the older driver version 15.36.3.64.3907,

This worked for my HD 4400

0 Kudos