Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20603 Discussions

Intel HD 4600 Graphics with HDMI 1.4 Stereoscopic Full HD 3D on Glasses-Free 3D display

vsim1
Beginner

Hello, I just purchased a Dell with the Intel HD 4600 Graphics and the NVidia Quadro K1100m graphics. I am trying to connect to an autostereoscopic Glasses-Free 3D display that functions on the HDMI 1.4 spec for Full High Definition 3D (FHD3D) using a screen resolution of 1920x2205 at 30 Hz and feeding in two 1920x1080 images in an over-under format with a 45 pixel gap between them. I have it working in 3D with my workstation utilizing the NVidia Quadro FX 5800 card and now want to get it on the laptop. We are a reseller for the displays and they are really great for 3D graphics.

I bought a laptop with the Quadro card specifically for this, but so far I can only seem to get the Intel HD card to control connection to the external 3d monitor through HDMI, even with the optimus technology and setting the NVidia card as the preferred card and associating it with my application. I want to either 1.) enable the NVidia adapter to control the external monitor or 2.) output properly formatted video with the Intel HD 4600 adapter.

I saw that there may be some support for HDMI 1.4 stereoscopic specifications for the Intel HD 4600 through the inTru technology. Our monitor takes FHD3D at 30 Hz rather than 24 Hz. Should it be possible to utilize the Intel HD 4600 Graphics to get Full High Definition 3D to work at 1920x2205 resolution @ 30Hz? Thank you.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

I'm going to find this information for you. I'll keep you posted.

0 Kudos
vsim1
Beginner

Hi Sylvia,

I found something that didn't get translated to the new laptop and just got it fixed. The answer is YES, the Intel HD Graphics is able to output in a format that can drive our Glasses-Free 3D display using the Full High Definition 3D HDMI specification. Thanks for your support. www.http://www.markresources.com/ markresources.com

0 Kudos
Silvia_L_Intel1
Employee

Thanks a lot for letting us know.

0 Kudos
MAnde22
Beginner

Sylvia,

I have a similar issue.. I'm trying to determine if I can output 3d gaming/stereoscopic to a 3d capable monitor using HDMI 1.4. My MSI GE70 Apache has Nvidia GTX 860M and Intel HD 4600 graphics, with all video output ports (HDMI 1.4 and VGA) directly connected to the Intel HD 4600. Nothing is connected directly to the Nvidia card. Intel website says this:

• For Gaming: For stereoscopic 3D gaming, you need a third-party application that is designed to convert games to stereoscopic 3D content on Intel graphics. Contact your computer manufacturer to see what software is compatible with your system.

What kind of drivers would I need? Both video chipsets support stereoscopic 3D. My laptop monitor doesn't, but I have an external monitor that supports 3D. When I connect this monitor to the MSI laptop, I see no way to enable stereoscopic video output like I can on my other computer with GT 555m graphics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Mike

0 Kudos
MAnde22
Beginner

By the way, I have active shutter 3D glasses with the Acer HN274H BMIIID 3D monitor.

0 Kudos