Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20602 Discussions

HD4000 no HDMI audio device with CSM disabled

IDodi
Beginner

Asrock Z77 Extreme 3, latest BIOS

i7 3770

Windows 8.1 x64

Secure boot, UEFI mode, CSM disabled (using UEFI GOP mode due to dedicated R9 280X with fully UEFI GOP compatible BIOS)

All latest drivers

If I disable CSM - my TV is not appearing on my HDMI audio playback devices. When I enable it - everything is OK.

If I recall - this wasn't happening on Windows 7.

I see this (same issue) was already been mentioned:

Any chance of fixing this issue?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Hi deepsea00, I recommend you following up in the older thread you linked and provide the DxDiag report (press Windows* key + R key, type "dxdiag", press OK and then click "Save All Information").

0 Kudos
IDodi
Beginner

Hi, thanks for replying. I've updated the first post with required info.

Looking at dxdiag output I see that board is running ME7 driver even though it's Z77. Maybe it's vendor's decision of not updating it to ME8?

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Asrock's site lists IME driver version 9.5

http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme3/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64 http://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z77%20Extreme3/?cat=Download&os=Win8a64

I will try to replicate this issue with a similar configuration.

0 Kudos
IDodi
Beginner

Hi Joe, thanks for coming back.

I've tried never ME driver and some things like updating AMI BIOS modules to newer ones since I'm familiar with BIOS editing.

So, there is a newer UEFI GOP ROM for Ivy Bridge but unfortunately issue stays the same.

Thread with same issue which I've linked in first post is from more than a year ago so it still isn't fixed.

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Is the HDMI connected to the motherboard's port or to the graphics card?

0 Kudos
IDodi
Beginner

Well, that one is simple - that hdmi tv is connected to the motherboard. If it helps both devices (monitor and tv) are HDMI. But monitor is connected to the HDMI on R9 280X.

0 Kudos