Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7365 Discussions

How to disable CAMUI popup?

idata
Employee

Hello, I currently work for a retail kiosk company that utilizes Intel Wireless cards for connectivity (the PC runs Windows 8.1). I recently upgraded all the kiosks to Intel ProSET/Wireless WiFi software version 17.14.0.0 (which included Driver version 15.16.0.2). The Wireless Card is the Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6205.

We are having an issue where a program called "CAMUI" pops up sporadically asking for Administrator privileges. This popup completely hides our main UI, and so is a major problem for us. There seems to be very little information online about CAMUI.exe, but it is supposedly for the Intel Cloud Access Manager. I don't remember seeing an option during installation to disable this piece of software.

I need a way to turn this off silently, so that it does not appear again. From what I understand of this program, it is meant to find free wireless hotspots. We do not need to utilize any free hotspots, so this functionality can be safely disabled.

Becuase of the lack of documentation, I am having trouble getting rid of this dialog. Like I said, something that can be run remotely (with Administrator privileges) and silently (ie. changing registry settings, disabling a service, uninstalling a program, etc...) would be the ideal scenario.

Attached is a screenshot.

Please let me know, thanks!

Shawn

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello shawnintelwireless,

We are going to investigate and soon will provide you an answer.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee
ASouz7
Honored Contributor II

Hello shawnintelwireless,

Please check your private message.

0 Kudos
JMore5
Novice

Hi, I'm having this issue too. Did you find a solution?

idata
Employee

Not yet... I've been told that the Intel Engineering team has been looking at this issue for about a week now. I'll update here if/when I hear anything (if Intel does not do so first).

Ilene_K_Intel
Employee

If you are having this issue, please include the version of PROSet you are using. There are multiple solutions depending on your PROSet version. We are working on getting all the details so we can share the correct solution for all versions.

Thank you for your patience.

JMore5
Novice

How do I find what version of PROSet I have?

jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

You will find the PROSet software version in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, look for Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software and take note of the Version displayed.

You can also get the driver version for the wireless adapter. This is found in Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, look for the N 6205 (or your wireless adapter) and double click on it, in the Driver tab, you will find the driver version.

JMore5
Novice

Sorry for the delay. PROSet version 17.13.11

0 Kudos
jbenavides
Honored Contributor II

Hello,

We reviewed the information about this and it seems there may be leftovers from a previous installation that's causing this issue. Please follow these steps to uninstall the existing software and install the recommended version:

1- Contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer manufacturer support to obtain their recommended version of Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software. As second option, you can download the generic driver from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/ Intel® Download Center, please choose the most recent version of http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wtech/proset-ws/sb/CS-034041.htm Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software depending on your adapter and OS version.

2- Go to Control Panel, Programs and Features and Uninstall "Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software" (If it is installed). During the process, select the option to "Discard Settings".

3- In Control Panel, Device Manager, Network Adapters, right click on the Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6205 and Uninstall it, make sure you mark the option to "Delete the driver software for this device".

4- Reboot the PC or scan for hardware changes, check device manager and if an older driver was detected and installed, repeat the actions to uninstall and delete it as well.

5- Repeat steps 3 and 4 until the OS does not allow deleting the driver, or until the controller shows as Unknown Device.

6- Install the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software you downloaded in step 1.

0 Kudos