Wireless
Participate in insightful discussions regarding issues related to Intel® Wireless Adapters and technologies
7422 Discussions

installation problem of Intel 7260 ac wireless card

AK27
Beginner

Hi,

My laptop is Asus n550jv.

I've purchased Intel 7260 ac wireless & bluetooth card, in order to improve it's lousy wireless support.

I've installed the card itself, and the latest drivers from Intel's website

In the device manager, I'm getting yellow exclamation mark on both the wireless card and the bluetooth.

The error messages are:

Wireless card: The device cannot start (code 10), operation failed, the requested operation was unsuccessful.

Bluetooth: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problem (code 43).

Any help would be very appreciated.

Amir.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Hi, Is this on Win8.1? Which version of the BT software you have installed?

For Windows 7, please install 17.0.1405

For Windows 8.1, should install 17.1.1406 ( )

Also, make sure you have installed all the Windows updates. This helps with many BT issues.

0 Kudos
AK27
Beginner
0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Still yellow bang with code 10? Which OS?

0 Kudos
JSmyt1
Novice

I have the same issue on my win 8.1 machine. some said try v16 drivers may help

0 Kudos
AK27
Beginner

OS = Win 8.1.

The seller claims that I bought the version which intended for use only with IBM laptops.

Are there special versions for IBM laptops?

0 Kudos
Muthu_K_Intel
Employee

Amir77a - Sorry about delayed response. After cold boot (shutdown /p or shift+Shutdown menu option, you still see YB in device manager?

0 Kudos
AK27
Beginner

Hi Guys,

Asus has an official support in that Wireless card. Asus even selling my laptop with that specific card.

I gave up on that card, and returned it to the seller.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
JSmyt1
Novice

Whats your device ID look like

mine is

Also if yours is the same , then its not laptop depentant. mine worked in ubuntu v14 with out issue so it would be flalky windows drivers.

Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Just like any other device not all wireless adapters are compatible with every computer model.

Please consult with the system manufacturer about the validated wireless adapter models for your computer.

0 Kudos
JSmyt1
Novice

How about you write some drivers that actually work , there IS NO issue about compatibilty - the card that doesnt work for me on my laptop works in Ubuntu linix with out updating drivers.

I suspect the drivers have been written in such a way they require a level of chipset or they are doing something that fails if the hardware is too low.

anyways i dont really care about it now , i've replaced it with a card that works with out issue. i ended up with a broadcom 94532 which worked right away. fancy that another hardware supplier can write drivers that work flawlessly.

the intel card is now on my desk reminding me what a waste of money it was. if i had known about all the issues i wouldnt have gone for it in the first place.

0 Kudos