Server Products
Data Center Products including boards, integrated systems, Intel® Xeon® Processors, RAID Storage, and Intel® Xeon® Processors
4761 Discussions

S2400SC hangs at copyright screen

GGoul
Beginner

I have a new P4000M series chassis, with an S2400SC board. At first, it wouldn't boot at all and gave no indication why. I determined that the BIOS needed to be updated to support the E5-2407 V2 processors. I was able to find a pair of earlier processors, and successfully update the BIOS, BMC etc. via EFI. Now the server boots to the copyright screen, and hangs there with a flashing cursor in the lower left of the screen. I have tried BIOS & BMC recovery, CMOS clear, old and new processors - still not working. Diagnostic LEDs stop at ABh (DXE Setup Start). Any ideas?

Thank you,

Greg

IPD since 1994

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

If you hit 'Esc' during the copyright screen, does it show any further information?

If it is hanging on something that is getting logged, you could boot back up with the old processor, and retrieve the System Event Log (SEL). Paste it here, it might have some indication as to what the system is hanging on.

0 Kudos
GGoul
Beginner

Esc key has no effect. Reverting back to the old processors, which worked fine for the BIOS update, also has no effect.

0 Kudos
Daniel_O_Intel
Employee

if you can't even boot with the old processors, it sounds like you've tried everything i can think of. other than pulling AC power for 20 seconds to reset the BMC ( unless you've already done that), I can only think maybe contact intel support for a replacement.

0 Kudos
GGoul
Beginner

Thanks for the suggestions. I spoke with Intel support, who helped me determine that there was a problem with CPU socket # 2 after the firmware update. RMA was the solution.

Greg

0 Kudos