Graphics
Intel® graphics drivers and software, compatibility, troubleshooting, performance, and optimization
20492 Discussions

Screen flickers after win 10 update

JGur
Beginner

Hello,

After win 10 updated itself, my video adapter fails to work and the screen flickers when the boot is complete, even before entering password and login.

I attached my SysInfo file.

I tried downloading versions:

win64_15.65.4.4944

win64_15.60.2.4901

and got an error that this installation is not compatible to my processors type.

What should I try next?

Thank you,

Jacob

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello, JGur.

Thank you very much for contacting the Intel® Communities Team.

Let's try installing the 4944 version using the following method:

-Download the 4944 version by clicking https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27484/a08/win64_15.65.4.4944.zip here.

1. Start Control Panel, click Hardware and Sound, and then click Device Manager.

2. Expand "Display Adapter", right-click the Intel Graphics entry, and click Uninstall.

3. On Confirm Device Removal dialog box, click Delete the driver software for this device option to delete the Intel HD Graphics driver then click OK to start the uninstall process.

4. When the uninstall process is complete, disconnect your computer from the internet and make sure it will not auto connect when reboot. Restart your system.

5. Unzip the file to a designated location or folder.

6. Open Device Manager

7. Expand the Display adapters section.

8. Right-click the Intel® graphics entry and select Update Driver Software. (Note: The graphics entry may be "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" if not, please complete the first 4 steps until you are able to see this in the Display adapters entry.)

9. Click Browse my computer for driver software.

10. Click Browse and select the directory where the driver files are found.

11. Click Next. Drivers are now being installed.

12. Reboot your computer when prompted.

Please share with us the results.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
JGur
Beginner

Hi Antony,

Did everything up to step 11(step 8 was performed 4 times until i got "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter").

The result is attached, didn't work.

What do you suggest?

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thank you very much for your reply, JGur.

What could happen was that the internet was connected when you uninstalled the drivers and Windows* could install its own drivers. If you were connected to the internet, please try the steps above without internet connection. If this does not work, while the Display adapters entry on Device manager shows Microsoft Basic Display Adapter please run the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27484/a08/win64_15.65.4.4944.exe .exe file of the 4944 graphics drivers.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
JGur
Beginner

Hello again,

I disconnected the internet before starting the stages, then I tried running the 4944 .exe and the igxpin exe, both of them ended with the result attached.

What's next?

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

There is a new version of the graphics drivers, please try using the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/27650/a08/win64_15.65.5.4982.exe .exe file of the 4982 drivers version. Additionally, can you specify what is the model of your system?

Antony S.
0 Kudos
JGur
Beginner

Hi Antony,

I'll try installing 4982 drivers version, in the meantime, I attached details of my system.

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
JGur
Beginner

Hi,

I tried installing 4982 driver, same result(Attached).

Please help....

Thanks,

Jacob

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

By checking the information on your system and the images attached, I can see that the motherboard is manufactured by Intel® and with the model "SKYBAY" I was not able to find anything furthermore, that BIOS version does not seem to be one of ours. Please bear in mind that Intel® stopped manufacturing motherboards since the 8th series and, the Skylake (Intel® Core™ 6th Generation) processors are https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005588/boards-and-kits/desktop-boards.html not supported by the motherboards that were produced.

Can you please provide me with a high-quality image of your mainboard? I would highly appreciate this information for me to research further regarding this issue.

Antony S.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello, JGur.

I would like to know if still require assistance regarding this issue you are facing if so, please share with us the information requested in the post above.

Antony S.
0 Kudos