cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intel 760p ssd with Asus B350m-e + Ryzen 2400G bsod

CYim1
New Contributor

built two pc exactly the same with identical model to make sure it is not the software nor hardware problem.

Ryzen 2400G

8GB ram ddr4-2400 (run at 2133)

Asus b350m-e

760p 256 GB ssd

cleaning install win 10 1709, latest bios 3803, latest amd driver

install win 10 ok, install driver both, watch youtube 20 mins result in freeze, tried on both pc, switch to samsung nvme ssd no problem at all

msi board can't even detect 760p, contacted asus they say it is intel problem.

posted here see anyone have the same problem

7 REPLIES 7

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi mechcalvin,

Thank you for contacting our support community. We understand your situation regarding the Intel® SSD 760p Series. In order to better understand your issue, could you please provide the following information: -Could you please provide a picture of the BSOD error code? -Could you please confirm if you installed the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27518/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs... Intel® NVMe* driver for the SSD? -Could you please let us know when the SSD is not detected? Are you able to see the SSD after the BSOD? -Can you please let us know if the Controller Mode in your BIOS is set to AHCI? We look forward to hearing back from you.Regards,Junior M.

CYim1
New Contributor

-Could you please provide a picture of the BSOD error code?

-Could you please confirm if you installed the latest https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27518/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs... Intel® NVMe* driver for the SSD?

yes, i make sure the clean install include windows, amd driver and intel nvme fireware

-Could you please let us know when the SSD is not detected? Are you able to see the SSD after the BSOD?

this only happen in MSI b350m pro gaming board, no detection in bios, install win 10 also cannot find the drive, they released a new bios update on 20/3 haven't tried that yet

BSOD only happens on asus board which can detect the ssd

-Can you please let us know if the Controller Mode in your BIOS is set to AHCI?

Yes, 100%

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi mechcalvin,

Thank you for the information provided. Based on that, we recommend you to update the BIOS to the latest version. Please let us know if you still experiencing the same issue after the update. Regards, Junior M.

CYim1
New Contributor

... it seems you avoid the problem and focus on the minor thing, i shouldn't say anything about the msi board at all.

the key problem is when i use asus board, that can recognise 760p, can install windows, but it will freeze and bsod watching youtube video, that's the issue, switch to samsung ssd, problem go away. (all latest driver)

anyway, i shouldn't expect any answer from here. thanks