Items with no label
3335 Discussions

SR300:razer stargazer can not work in windows hello(win10 1703/1709)

xfu1
Beginner

Thanks for coming

Recently i bought razer stargazer,and i installed the SR300 and 2016 R2 Full SDK drivers.

I download those in this page:https://software.intel.com/en-us/realsense-sdk-windows-eol Intel® RealSense™ SDK for Windows (Discontinued) | Intel® Software

After that the camera can work,but when i setup windows hello,it shows: can not boot the camera(i dont know how it shows in English,cause my windows is using Chinese language,but anyway,it means can not starup the camera)

when i setup windows hello,the stargazer's light don't on.

I tired in these ways:

go the device manager and look under imaging devices, uninstall sr300 virtual/depth/rgb camera

and also uder audio input and output,uninstall Razer stargazer

after that reconnect the stargazer,reinstall all those drivers,and go device manager update those drivers by Intelnet auto.

but at last still can not work in windows hello.

sorry bout my terrible english.

Regards

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Your English is fine.

I do not think you have done anything wrong. Many people have had problems with using RealSense cameras with Windows Hello in the past, with troubles such as the camera not waking up after the computer has gone to sleep because of inactivity.

To be honest, it is probably not worth the time and trouble of trying to get your SR300 to work with Windows Hello, as the chance of success is low.

0 Kudos
xfu1
Beginner

Is there any possible to fix this problem?

I saw you have answered the others,one of those i got this information:

Is it still have not ways to completely fix this for now?

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Nothing is impossible. It just depends on how much time you want to spend on the problem when it may not work in the end anyway after all that time.

An article about a possible Windows Hello workaround for SR300 was released last year, though I believe it did not work for everyone.

0 Kudos